Run activity not syncing for TomTom Spark 3, either on app or when connected to Laptop

AdityaV
AdityaV Registered Users Posts: 10
Master Explorer
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I'am unable to sync my latest run activity on my Tomtom Spark 3 ( Software Version 1.7.64) either on the app or on connecting the watch to the laptop and accessing MySports from there. Tried uninstalling/ re-installing the app, unpairing/re-pairing the watch with the phone app; however the activity is still not syncing.
The run however is recorded on the device and the details are showing. Would really appreciate your help on this. TIA.

Comments

• Andyb71
    Andyb71 Registered Users Posts: 13
    Outstanding Explorer
    I've got exactly the same with my runner 3, wouldn't synch yesterday, won't synch today. It was fine earlier in the week, somethings up.....
  • Vbora
    Vbora Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    I've got too the same problem. I can only synch my activities if I do the synch the same day of the activity. When I attemp to do that one day later I can't sych it. But the activity is in the clock...
  • Andyb71
    Outstanding Explorer
    Had to do a full factory reset of my watch, frustrating, but it’s sorted it
  • AdityaV
    Master Explorer
    Andyb71 wrote:
    Had to do a full factory reset of my watch, frustrating, but it’s sorted it
    Hey Andy! Good to know your watch is syncing now.Just one question.Did you lose any run data, when you factory reset your watch?
    Or did your like take a backup or something, so that the data was not lost?
  • AdityaV
    Master Explorer
    Vbora wrote:
    I've got too the same problem. I can only synch my activities if I do the synch the same day of the activity. When I attemp to do that one day later I can't sych it. But the activity is in the clock...
    Ya.But you need to try and sync it soon, as my sense is that, the watch doesn't store all your runs on the memory( More experienced users, your views would be great to have on this!).Some of the stuff might get deleted as new runs/activities get recorded.
  • Andyb71
    Outstanding Explorer
    Unfortunately a full factory reset wiped all the runs stored on the watch, wasn’t aware of a way to save them off 1st so had to take the plunge
  • AdityaV
    Master Explorer
    Andyb71 wrote:
    Unfortunately a full factory reset wiped all the runs stored on the watch, wasn’t aware of a way to save them off 1st so had to take the plunge
    Thanks Andy!
  • xcountry
    xcountry Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Seeker
    I would love to know if this works for anyone else. I tried a factory reset (losing 7 runs in the process) and am still unable to sync.
  • xcountry
    Apprentice Seeker
    Update. I performed the factory reset in recovery mode, and somehow all my runs synced. It appears that they weren't gone forever. YMMV but that worked for me!
  • AdityaV
    Master Explorer
    xcountry wrote:
    Update. I performed the factory reset in recovery mode, and somehow all my runs synced. It appears that they weren't gone forever. YMMV but that worked for me!
    How do you run the factory reset on recovery mode? Would be great if you share the steps! TIA
  • xcountry
    Apprentice Seeker
    I used the steps on here to perform the different resets.

http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17394/~/resetting-your-watch

but......

I was sort of wrong. My watch doesn't look like it connects when I plug it into the computer (I only dock my watch with the computer), and it still says I have multiple runs to upload. However, if I go to the mysports.tomtom.com website all of my runs are listed on there in spite of the sports connect program saying that it couldn't sync. You may want to give that a try. Usually when it syncs through the sports connect program (the program that runs when you dock the watch with the computer) it automatically opens up the mysports website. This never happens, but the runs are still visible after I manually go to the website. Hope that helps somewhat.