Rider 550 no volume adjustment

robbiemago
robbiemago Registered Users Posts: 7
Apprentice Seeker
edited January 2019 in RIDER
Hi
Would you know what the problem would be I have just changed from a rider 40 to 550 I run an autocom with a 1273 dongle , with the old rider 40 I could adjust the volume but the 550 wont let me ?

Comments

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,835
     Superuser
    Hi
    @robbiemago

The Volume is adjusted directly on the Headset and the adjustments can only be made while the device is speaking an instruction

ATB YFM
  • robbiemago
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi There, thanks for the reply, I have read the instructions BUT if I do that I cannot hear my passenger, I need to know what dongle or spec does tomtom now require so I can adjust the volume as I did when I had the rider 40. Surely at £399.00 it should work so I would like to hear what excuse tomtom has for this.

It seems tomtom boffins bring things to market for us to do their R&D.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,835
     Superuser
    Hi
    @robbiemago

[h2]Headset compatibility for TomTom Rider[/h2]https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19054

ATB YFM
  • robbiemago
    Apprentice Seeker
    autocom doesn't even feature and its one of the biggest intercoms on the market !!.

How come the last one worked.
  • robbiemago
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi Can anyone out there tell me have they a rider 550 linked to a BTM-02A Autocom, if so can they adjust the volume on the tom-tom screen when its linked to the dongle.
  • JWaddell
    JWaddell Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi Robbie
    I bought a Rider 550 a couple of months ago and bought a BTM-03 to set it up with. Once I got his I could hear the navigation directions from the unit but so far unable to hear incoming calls/texts or music.
    Regarding the volume adjustment you are right- once the system is all fired up on the bike you can't adjust the volume which is really stupid. You can adjust with the unit switched on on its own.