Fitness Age — TomTom Community

Fitness Age

juergli50juergli50 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
This updated software, including fitness age and the points one supposedly earns are nothing but a joke. I am 68 and in excellent shape - the doctor tells me that I am in better shape than "most" people half my age and TomTom projects that I am in less shape that 80% than people my age. What a joke. Also the same activities can "pay" one day 90 points and the next day 800 points. I do not understand how TomTom could have done this, this is a complete failure.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,618
    Superusers
    I honestly don't feel you can make any judgments from what it is telling you in terms of fitness points or fitness age. It only uses runs or cycles to calculate points and while it does refine its readings over time but it seems to be a random, capricious measure that ties to very little. It is based on whatever algorithm TT came up with, which is different than what Garmin uses or Strava uses, or anyone else. Ultimately I don't expect a watch to be able to tell me how fit I am.
  • Miche11eMiche11e Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
    I've only been using the Spark for 6 months, but the fitness points is an irritating failure as far as I'm concerned. I cycle to work so do exactly the same ride every week day, yet the points are all over the place. I accept that there will be some variation because of external factors such as wind, and even the odd set of red traffic lights en route, but the variation is way more than is reasonable. For example, this week I was awarded between 1059 and 438 points for my commute. It makes no sense at all. Since the "personalised" recommendations are based on the fitness age and fitness points, these are also pretty useless.
    I'm fortunate enough that my fitness age hasn't increased over the last 6 months; still 15 years over my chronological age. I've been consistently awarded (I can say earned) over 500 point for more than three days in the last seven over this time, so clearly the fitness points - fitness age link is broken anyway
  • juergli50juergli50 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Miche11e wrote:
    I've only been using the Spark for 6 months, but the fitness points is an irritating failure as far as I'm concerned. I cycle to work so do exactly the same ride every week day, yet the points are all over the place. I accept that there will be some variation because of external factors such as wind, and even the odd set of red traffic lights en route, but the variation is way more than is reasonable. For example, this week I was awarded between 1059 and 438 points for my commute. It makes no sense at all. Since the "personalised" recommendations are based on the fitness age and fitness points, these are also pretty useless.
    I'm fortunate enough that my fitness age hasn't increased over the last 6 months; still 15 years over my chronological age. I've been consistently awarded (I can say earned) over 500 point for more than three days in the last seven over this time, so clearly the fitness points - fitness age link is broken anyway
  • juergli50juergli50 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I don't even look at it anymore. Unbelievable that TomTom does not even try to fix it.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,618
    Superusers
    juergli50 wrote:
    I don't even look at it anymore. Unbelievable that TomTom does not even try to fix it.
    TT Sports went out of business a year ago and ceased all production and development. Nothing is being fixed or changed go forward.