Restarts in TomTom 6250 from the first day

ea1gwm
ea1gwm Registered Users Posts: 6
Apprentice Traveler
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Hello, I bought this tomtom on 05-14-18, at first I thought it would be my thing not knowing how to use it correctly. I am realizing that when I connect the mobile phone to the browser, it restarts continuously. It's slow and I think even without the connected phone that it also reboots. The updates are the day.:disappointed_relieved:

Comments

• LAURE123
    LAURE123 Posts: 1,632
    Superuser
    Hi @ea1gwm

You can try to do a Soft Reset. The battery of the TomTom device must be charged or connected to a power source such as a mains charger. That of a smartphone will go very well.
    You will not lose anything and this solves and often unblocks the little worries. It's like doing a Resart on a PC. It's to do after every update, even the small ones.

Soft Reset: Press and hold the On/Off button until you hear the drum sounds and the device restarts. This can take 30 seconds or more. If you see a black screen with white text, hold down the button until you hear the sound of the drum. Release the button.

Your device is new and still under warranty. If that doesn't improve contact TomTom support:

:flag_es: España (Spain)
    Lunes-Viernes: 09:00-17:30

Regards.