NJ maps that require left turns which on several roads in NJ are only legal on right turn jug handle — TomTom Community

NJ maps that require left turns which on several roads in NJ are only legal on right turn jug handle

Rev JackRev Jack Posts: 3 [New Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Map quality
Mid and south NJ has lots of left turns that direct you to make left turn across major highway. However the turns are required by law to be made on a right side jug handle.

Last trip to Princeton from Florida had many such needs but tom tom stated make left turn.??? if following tom tom and local police behind you the fine can be high. What gives?

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,344
    Superusers
    Is this in the latest (1010) map? May be faulty data. Changes can be made at tomtom.com/mapshare/tools.
  • bigbig Posts: 1,634
    Superuser
    I 've found TomTom correctly having me go right on the jug handles to turn left on NJ roads where that's required. In fact, I've never encountered the problem that I can recall and I drive in NJ a decent amount.

But clearly your experience is different, so I'm thinking there are map errors and we drive in different areas. If you have up to date maps then I'd say report the errors and hope for the best that someone actually corrects them. Pictures help when you report things in case a passenger is available to photograph any applicable signage.