TomTom promotion email crashing outlook — TomTom Community

TomTom promotion email crashing outlook

SussexchrisSussexchris Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 30 in Travel lounge
On 23rd June 2018 I received an email from TomTom Promoti.... with the subject: 30% off maps - don't get left behind.
Whenever I highlight it, Outlook crashes. I have to run the Office repair app and reboot to get Outlook back.
I can't delete it because I can't highlight it.
Has anyone else had this problem?

Comments

• SussexchrisSussexchris Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have found out how to delete it without activating it.
    Highlight the email above it, press and hold the 'Shift' key, highlight the email below and then press the delete key. All 3 emails will go into the deleted items file where you can restore the 2 emails either side of the offending one. Empty the deleted items file.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,209 Superusers
    Very weird situation you describe. Thanks for the feedback....
  • German_NavNavGerman_NavNav Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same issue with my Outlook 2010 on Windows 7 SP1. Klick on TomTom Promo Mail and Outlook App hangs up and must be killed with Taskmanager. Deleting is possible with disabled Preview Window.
    So must be some weird HTML stuff that let Outlook crash.
  • ChristoforoChristoforo Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Me Too! I've had three promotional e-mails from Tom Tom and each time my Outlook 2010 has frozen (Not Responding). I closed Outlook through the Task Manager then open Outlook again but in Safe Mode (Control+Click on Outlook icon). I can then delete the e-mail. I hope the techs at Tom Tom are taking note!
  • Jilian1969Jilian1969 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have exactly the same its driving me mad, I work from home and need email access to be instant, its taking ages to get rid of Tom Tom emails. This needs sorting.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,969 TomTom Moderator
    Hello everyone,

This was reported to the Marketing team early this week and the issue has been fixed.

Please ignore the marketing e-mails(TomTom) you received on 07/07/2018

Solution to remove the email: highlight the e-mail and press the delete key (do not click on the e-mail, just hover). In case Outlook hangs, close it using the Task Manager.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused..

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • jackbarkerjackbarker Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @VikramK
    Would you please be so kind as to forward the offending mail to vulnerabilitysubmission[AT]gmail.com?
    These crashes are actually very, very dangerous. If you allow me, I will sort this out with Microsoft, and keep you guys up to date on the status.

Kind regards,

Jack