Is windows 10 ver 1803 compatable with my drive connect?

aldel
aldel Registered Users Posts: 5
Neophyte Traveler
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Cannot get windows10 ver 1803 or my drive connect to see each other. New tomtom go 6200 wifi. Managed to get the updates via a very slow 2g connection and the battery is charged from the car. Followed all the online instructions for resetting etc. Doesn't even appear in control panel. Can't find any downloadable drivers. Can this really be only 2G?!
very disappointing compared to tom tom go 730 and home 2. I urgently need to get this fixed.
Has anyone managed to get this working please?

Comments

• Niall
    Niall Posts: 11,115
    Superuser
    @aldel

I am running win10 v1803 with MyDrive Connect(MDC) v4.2.1.3495 and all is fine. I charge my 5200 with a mains charge rated at 5 Volt 2.4 amps an am with 10 feet of the router so the WiFi update is also fine

Can you match this setup?
  • aldel
    Neophyte Traveler
    Home networking has been removed in the latest windows 10 version 1803 so I don't know if this has any bearing. With TomTom Go 6200 connected via USB and powered up, I went to Control Panel/Devices and Printers and searched for devices. It found the TomTom labelled as "remote NDIS compatible device".
    Now with the latest version of MyDrive Connect installed it shows the 6200 as connected BUT I can't do anything if I click on it to manage it. If I do that it just pops up a message to update via wifi. I want to plan routes etc and save them to the TomTom. There are no pull down menus or headers to select. Why doesn't this work?
    Al Del
  • dhn
    dhn Posts: 33,382
    Superuser
    Are you logged into MyDrive on the 6200 with same email/pw as used in the MyDrive standalone app where you set your route? If so, should sync with the 6200 automatically, I think.

p.s. I use a 520 and also have W10 build 1803 and the latest MDC version (which really isn't used with the 520 anyway)
  • aldel
    Neophyte Traveler
    Hi Paragon Vanguard, yes I am logged in with the same details but it won't sync.
    PARTIAL WORKAROUND FOUND. For route planning.
    I still have my Go 730 so I installed the latest version of Home2.
    With the Go 6200 powered and connected I can use the Route Planner in Home 2. When clicked on it opens in My Drive! I can now save planned routes to the 6200 and access some features on the 6200!
    Note:I initially fully removed all traces of Home2 and MyDrive including all registry data. Re-installed MyDrive but it still wouldn't work untiI I re-installed Home2. Home2 is not set set start on boot up but MyDrive is.
    I am unfamiliar with the workings of the forum so if anyone can make this post more prominent for other users who are have similar difficulties then please do.
  • aldel
    Neophyte Traveler
    OK, a bit red faced! I am at long last understanding how it works. After finally getting MyDrive Connect to actually see the go 6200 the wording "select the drive that you want to manage" needs revising as you can't actually manage the connected TOMTOM from there. There needs to be an explanation that you must go on line and use the software "MyDrive" to save any routes etc the the connected GO. This is not properly explained in the manual that came with the 6200. I was naturally expecting the MyDrive Connect to work like TomTom Home2 which I feel is far superior.
    A few days of extreme frustration because of very poor documentation.
    Thanks for all your help.