TomTom Spark 3 Fitness and Age

Beth2405
Beth2405 Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I'm trying to work out how i view my fitness age on my spark 3. I can't see when doing any work outs and it doesn't show on the app either when the activities sync.

Watch is currently running version 1.3.255 so I'm not sure if I need an update in order to see the fitness age information?

Thanks!

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,939
    Superuser
    You cannot see it with that version of the firmware but I would not recommend updating as later versions introduced serious connectivity and battery drain issues. You are better off where you are. I honestly don't feel you can make any judgments from what it is telling you in terms of fitness points or fitness age. It only uses runs or cycles to calculate points and while it does refine its readings over time but it seems to be a random, capricious measure that ties to very little. It is based on whatever algorithm TT came up with, which is different than what Garmin uses or Strava uses, or anyone else. Ultimately I don't expect a watch to be able to tell me how fit I am.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • bitti
    bitti Registered Users Posts: 8
    Apprentice Traveler
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    It is based on whatever algorithm TT came up with, which is different than what Garmin uses or Strava uses, or anyone else
    To my knowledge, TomTom licensed the Fitness points and Fitness age algorithms from FirstBeat, just like Garmin (https://www.firstbeat.com/en/consumer-products/). So while the algorithms are probably not 100 % same, they should be based on the same principles.