A few recent problems with my GO6200

BrianE
BrianE Worcester, United KingdomRegistered Users Posts: 562
Exalted Navigator
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
I noticed the following comment on Amazon and it struck a chord because I had a similar thing happen to me a few days ago, which resulted in missing a turning on my route. I've also had the blank display problem a couple of times recently. I wonder if anyone else has noticed similar behaviour?

"The 6200 has another very annoying problem - every so often you end up with no sound to navigate by. Sometimes it is because the slow to react interface means you without knowing it hit the mute button to turn off driving instructions (this is an obscure icon to the right of the volume bar, that nobody will ever use). But it also sometimes happens even when everything is turned on and volume at max - it just stops giving sound instructions - several times I have missed turnings because of this. To make it worse, it also sometimes loses the navigation display, instead displaying a map - it is still navigating as sound will still work. "

Comments

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,792
    Superuser
    Hi
    @BrianE

I've never hit the 'Spoken Instruction' or the 'Day/Night' Icons by mistake (Quote from Amazon... Right of the volume bar)
    But I have Turned off the 'Sound ON/OFF' Icon in the setting menu many times, as it sits at the same screen position as the 4Dot(.... Menu) on the Start-up Screen (Left of the Volume Slider)

ATB YFM
  • BrianE
    BrianE Worcester, United KingdomRegistered Users Posts: 562
    Exalted Navigator
    YamFazMan wrote:
    Hi
    @BrianE

I've never hit the 'Spoken Instruction' or the 'Day/Night' Icons by mistake
    But I have Turned of the 'Sound ON/OFF' Icon in the setting menu many times, as it sits at the same screen position as the 4Dot(.... Menu) on the Start-up Screen

ATB YFM
    In my case though, I hadn't touched anything - the sound was on at the beginning of my journey and I only noticed it had stopped when I missed my turning. The over-speed warning was also without sound. The only thing that seemed to have sound was adjusting the sound volume itself. Everything returned to normal after I changed the voice to something other than Serena and then back to Serena after finishing my journey.
  • big
    big Posts: 1,712
    Superuser
    Rebooting (pressing and holding power button until you hear a drum roll) would fix it too. It seems to just get overwhelmed sometimes.