Charging (with power bank) during track stops track

AntonS
AntonS Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I want to use my Spark3 during long walks (>50km). After 7 or 8 hours (about 45km) the battery gets low/empty.
When I connect the Spark3 with the USB cable to a power bank to avoid the Spark3 to shut down in order to keep tracking, the Spark3 shuts down during charging and the track stops.
How can I use the Spark3 during a long walk?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,935
    Superuser
    AntonS wrote:
    I want to use my Spark3 during long walks (>50km). After 7 or 8 hours (about 45km) the battery gets low/empty.
    When I connect the Spark3 with the USB cable to a power bank to avoid the Spark3 to shut down in order to keep tracking, the Spark3 shuts down during charging and the track stops.
    How can I use the Spark3 during a long walk?
    Unfortunately the answer is not easily (and realistically no). When the watch senses a change in power state it resets, so if you plug it in mid-activity it will reset. If you start it plugged into a power bank and leave it in the whole time, letting the bank run out and naturally switch to watch battery it will not reset. However, the trick is getting the cradle to not come loose the entire time (which will cause a reset), which is likely if it is in a pack. You also will not be able to wear it nor will you get HR. You could try taping it or something possibly, but I would practice it ahead of time. You're better off using multiple devices and joining the files together afterwards. You will still have two entries in MySports but you can upload the joined file to anywhere else you log your activities, like Strava.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.