voice commands not working

I have successfully downloaded three voices and they show up when I select Settings then Change Voice, they are all listed (along with one I never downloaded - Geeta - Assamese) and play when i press Test. But when I go to a map and press the microphone, it tells me I need to download a voice. I have tried resetting and rebooting but this does not work. What can I do to get my TomTom to recognize a voice that is already installed?

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,152 Superusers
    You need a computer voice, not a recorded voice
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,521 Superuser
    @Dave1234567890

To use voice control you need to use the computer voice "Samantha"

See page 22 of the manual http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/non-LIVE/TomTom-US-non-LIVE-RG-en-us.pdf
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • Dave1234567890Dave1234567890 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks! I tried downloading Samantha but there's not enough room in the device for both the US map and Samantha. I have a memory card but there does not seem to be an option to install voices on SD cards. Do you know how I might go about doing that?
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,521 Superuser
    @Dave1234567890

The SD cards only hold maps, so you might have to see if you can change the installed map to a local zone then install the voice then put the full map on the SD card
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • Dave1234567890Dave1234567890 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks - that worked. I just wish TomTom made these things clearer on their website.