Delete a GO 5200 from MyDrive???

Millicent
Millicent Registered Users Posts: 5
Master Traveler
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
I've just returned a GO 5200 to amazon, but I would like to remove the 5200 from MY DRIVE as well.

(This would also be nice to the next buyer of my returned product!)

Please help me remove the GO 5200 from "My Drive" from your side now.

I also have a GO 6200 which I'm going to keep. PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE!

Regards,

Comments

• Millicent
    Master Traveler
    No reply after 24 -hours..... I want TOMTOM Support team to fix this now, please!

If you don't you will certainly get problems with the next buyer of this 5200 when it's going to be setup....
  • Niall
    Niall Posts: 11,115
    Superuser
    @Millicent

Contact Customer Services to sort out your account details

:flag_se: Sverige (Sweden)
    077-662-00-10
    Måndag-Fredag: 10:00-17:00
  • LAURE123
    LAURE123 Posts: 1,632
    Superuser
    Hi @Millicent

We are on a community forum, the participants are simple users like you or me.

You can do it yourself with the MyDrive Connect software by logging into your TomTom account.
    The first screen "My devices", click on the device concerned and use the symbol "trash".

To download the MDC software look here:
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12428

I hope that before returning the device you have made a factory reset to erase your personal data. Otherwise I guess Amazon will do it.

Otherwise you can contact the official TomTom support directly to explain your situation. The agent can do it immediately for you.
    :flag_se: Sverige (Sweden)
    077-662-00-10
    Måndag-Fredag: 10:00-17:00

Regards.
  • LAURE123
    Superuser
    Oops! @Niall we posted at the same time.
  • Millicent
    Master Traveler
    Thanks to both of you.

Well, the trashcan I've read about before, but it have never been seen! See photo below
    It does not appear on my products! (I've cut out the serials # below)
    So this does not work. Any suggestions?

And I have also cleared my data (Factory reset) from the GO 5200 which is already on the way to Amazon. Seems like a very tedious way of handling support cases in the year 2018 "Call the service center!" I guess they could do this via a contact request via email or from their webpage, but I find it impossible to find any other way of contact them, except calling! :thinking:

I had several TomTom products since the original 'egg' model about 15 years ago. Nice produtcs, horrible support, it was then and it seems now also.48648a9b-79cc-43ed-8a01-8b236b149217.jpg

Thanks
  • LAURE123
    Superuser
    @Millicent
    This is not in your customer account on the TomTom website.

The removal is done in the Mydrive Connect software installed on your PC. I gave you the FAQ containing the link to download it. Your two devices are Wifi, I guess you have never installed this software since you could do without it for updates.

d5ef05ec-534c-4c8d-a014-255137ab9f09.png

There is no direct email, try this link to send a message to TomTom Support:

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/contact_incident/c/4694/p/4303/es/0

Regards.
  • Millicent
    Master Traveler
    Many thanks LAURIE123! :yum:

This solved my problem, I guess that was my fault, but I must also say that TOMTOM have made this very hard for people not used to computers, like my mum... :)

I've read through many pages of this and never did I think that MYDRIVE and MYDRIVE CONNECT were TWO different things!
    I do now.

Thanks again! :grin:
  • LAURE123
    Superuser
    You're welcome. Glad for you. :slight_smile:
    By giving names that are too similar, TomTom doesn't make things easy. :wink:
  • Millicent
    Master Traveler
    I agree completely! :sunglasses:

Case solved.