Traffic consistently misplaced on a certain road? — TomTom Community

Traffic consistently misplaced on a certain road?

LoneFreeRangerLoneFreeRanger Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hi there,

I'm using the TomTom GO Mobile app for Android, version 1.17.1 (2121) with the UK and ROI maps installed (version 1010.8884)

On my commute home, every day I notice a traffic event that is 4 miles further east than in reality, and this gets quite bad sometimes so I wish it was accurate in the app, because it currently doesn't know where it actually is.

It is, however, shown correctly on MyDrive. I have attached some images below showing the problem.

Here is what the GO app is showing, for reference this is the A31 between Southampton and Bournemouth.

0faa06ff-bb7f-4107-9af2-cddf051774fc.jpg

In reality and what MyDrive shows, this is the traffic it should be displaying.

63e9eaf6-601c-4748-bf25-b8c613c50528.jpg

I can replicate this everyday in the same location between Ringwood and Poulner Hill westbound, with MyDrive showing the correct traffic information and the app being incorrect.

Currently the app highlights a further west section of the A31 where it is actually clear, and so the ETA is also incorrect because of this.

Could someone from TomTom please have a look at this?

I'm very impressed with everything else in the app so far and I'm looking at purchasing a year's subscription for when I go abroad next month, but I'm holding back at the moment because of this issue.

Comments