TomTom- No GPS Signal 2019 | Week Number Roll-Over | TIMER Reset 00.00 | Error-"You cannot use this map"

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1112782/tomtom-no-gps-signal-2019#latest

Ongoing Advertisement problem!

I recently purchased a TomTom Go 40S. This is my first TomTom product. It constantly goes into some kind of sleep mode where TomTom Traffic Service Advertisements come on and don't stop until i touch the screen, These ads are extremely annoying, cause me to interrupt my driving by taking my hands of my steering wheel to reach to my windshield (where it is mounted) and press on the GPS screen. It is dangerous and causes me to take my eyes off the road also. Anyone know how do I turn off the advertisements? I looked on the device and there are not options to turn off ads.

Comments

• IMR34879IMR34879 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I also tried emailing TomTom for help and nothing. Any help, any recommendations. I saw other complaints similar on other forums which gave instructions to try turning it off and plugging it in for two hours. I did that and still the same. The only way to get rid of the add's (but only for a few hours) is to reset the device, but that only works for a few hours.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,500 Superuser
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • egdikegdik Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    the link above to get rid of these wretched adverts is 'page not found' POOR.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,126 Superusers
    @egdik

If you drive with a route planned at 40 kph for about 15 seconds, the ads should disappear.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,214 Superuser
    edited June 4
    Hi @egdik

If @dhn 's suggestion does not work then contact Customer support at following

United Kingdom
    02079 490 132
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,234 Superusers
    edited June 4
    Hi
    @egdik
    egdik wrote: »
    the link above to get rid of these wretched adverts is 'page not found' POOR.

User Niall post is from June 2018
    The Tomtom Site has changed Forum providers
    Some links fail after the transfer

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > Thumb's Up Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'

Problem solved.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,214 Superuser
    edited June 12
    Hi @egdik

Could you please advise how you solved it. Useful for the future .

Doug