TomTom GO Mobile on S8 is heating up mobile — TomTom Community

TomTom GO Mobile on S8 is heating up mobile

Dean64Dean64 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
Since last update I have notice that the mobile heat up really hot when using the Tom Tom app, it got so bad that its melted the glue of my hands free device I use to hold mobile. I have tried other apps and charging the mobile none of these course the mobile to heat up just the Tom Tom Go app any ideas whats going on?

Comments

• Dean64Dean64 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Interesting no replies to this question as it still happening anyone from Tom Tom Support got any ideas at all ???
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,393 Moderator
    Hi Dean64,

Sorry for my late reply!

I didn't see any such reports since we released the 1.10 version. Have you tried the power saving mode on the Go Mobile App? See the user manual here: Power saving

Please set the mode to 'Extra' and make sure there are no other apps running in the background, see if this improves the situation.

Cheers, lampard
  • YemblePhoneYemblePhone Posts: 13 [Apprentice Traveler]
    It may not be TomTom. I suggest that you try clearing both your user and system caches (do the latter from Recovery mode ... Google that if you are unsure). I have personally witnessed unusual device heating and associated battery drain following Android security updates. Clearing the caches fixes this.
  • Dean64Dean64 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for the advise people, I try the first one then if that dose not solve it I do the second option here.