Watch won't connect to iPhone 6 after software upgrade

EmLW
EmLW Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
This seems to be an ongoing issue since at least October 2017 looking at other questions and comments on here. Is there a fix for this yet?
The phone - lets me select my watch, but then about 1 second later starts searching for it again as it looses connection.
The watch - on the Phone menu selection continuously flicks between Searching/Connected/No Connection each of them lasting about 1 second. When choosing the pair new option it either says disconnect using "manage" in the app - there is nothing connected! Or searches for a while shows a pin for about 1 second and then goes back to the menu so I have to select phone again.
Is the only fix for this to get a Garmin?
Even when it did connect it took about 20 mins to connect properly and upload a 5k run :(

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,935
    Superuser
    This should have been resolved in version 1.7.64 for most users but you may need to request a rollback to 1.3.255 to resolve it.

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-and-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/unable-to-pair-sync-after-update-to-firmware-v1-7-53-runner-and-spark-watch-series-1030088

As to going back to Garmin, considering that TT left the wearables market almost nine months ago, stopped producing new devices and laid off their Sports Division, I think going to Garmin or another brand is your only option. I am not sure how much more development we are going to see at this point.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,944
    Hi EmLW,

Welcome to the Community!

I can see your watch has the old software 1.3.27 version installed on it. I would advise you to update the watch first with the version 1.7.64 by connecting it to Sports Connect and try to re-pair it again.

Before pairing, please make sure to remove the existing Bluetooth connections from your smartphone device.

Cheers, lampard