Spark 3 GPS issues — TomTom Community

Spark 3 GPS issues

TomD1990TomD1990 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
After being really impressed with this watch, I now keep coming across the same issue in that the GPS simply doesn't work or takes ages (literally 20min +) to connect with the satellite).

I'll press 'run' and then the screen will stay on 'please wait' for an eternity. Sometimes it will then connect halfway through my run or just not at all. I can see the symbol in the top left saying there is full signal and the connection is flashing but it rarely gets to the 'get going' part and into the fitness point section anymore.

Very frustrating - if anyone has had this problem or has any ideas how to fix it would be very helpful.

FYI all software is up to date, battery fully charged, I live in central London so no issues with low signal etc.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,319
    Superusers
    Are you updating the QuickGPS file a minimum of every three days by syncing the watch? This caches the expected satellite locations and makes for quicker attainment. Also do not try to get signal while moving, you are just making it harder on the watch. Best to just sit still with the button pointing skyward (or take it off and place it on a flat surface) until it finds the GPS. Make sure the watch is in an unobstructed area without large buildings, tree cover or reflective surfaces as this will cause a lot of interference. It will also take longer the first time you are in a new location but will speed up thereafter as it caches the location data for that spot. Once you get the Go it is best to give it another minute or two as Go is just the minimum satellites locked on. The longer you wait the more it will grab and the better your signal will be.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • jumanjayjumanjay Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    • Same here dude ...i've tried everything other than a rollback of firmware. The above cut n paste I've seen a thousand times. I have no problems other than gps not connecting....very frustrating since this is the reason I bought the spark(original) not 3
  • danny2156danny2156 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same problem...updated phone yesterday..sync phone to watch daily.
    It says it is syncing to the phone but just does now work.
  • VinodDobhalVinodDobhal Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I am also having issues in getting my watch to connect to a GPS satellite. It takes ages in finding a GPS satellite. Have already applied all the updates. Any resolutions to this issue??
  • leanne_k_fleanne_k_f Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I have the exact same issue, no GPS satellite bars are shown, watch and software all up to date, and synced, along with the quick GPS