Miss a point on a route and it continually wants to take you back to it even though further on in th — TomTom Community

Miss a point on a route and it continually wants to take you back to it even though further on in th

ObanmanObanman Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in RIDER
Route planned with say 5 places to pass through but if I deliberately miss a point out and head down a alternate route to get to the next point in the route the 420 Rider just wants to take you back to the point missed out instead of recalculating and continuing with the route as planned ok when in Britain but i'm afraid to use it abroad in case I just get hopelessly lost. Help please!!!

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,420
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Obanman

That's the nature of a .ITN Route... The route is planned Stop to Stop, the device will doggedly follow the stops

Try... Tap the Direction of Travel Icon (Above the + and - signs) to switch to the the North-up Planning Map
    Pinch zoom the map... Tap on the Blue Stop Icon (The next one that you want to travel to) a quick menu opens, tap the 3Dot Menu Icon... Start Route from here

If you are using a .ITN Route... tap the 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Current Route... There are several menu choices to edit the live route

If you are using a .GPX Track... tap the 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Current Track... There are less menu choices to edit the live route

ATB YFM
  • ObanmanObanman Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks Ill have a go. I also got a couple of links to the user manual from other posts which should help too
  • ObanmanObanman Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I guess you have a Yam Fazer I got the FJR 1300AE last year love it retirement pressie to me from me :sunglasses: Happy touring
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,420
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Obanman

Yes the FZS600S Fazer !!! love it...

Re your post... I suppose you wander off the planned route then when you wanted to resume... Tap the Direction of Travel Icon (Above the + and - signs) to switch to the the North-up Planning Map
    Pinch zoom the map... Tap on the Blue Stop Icon (The next one that you want to travel to) a quick menu opens, tap the 3Dot Menu Icon... Start Route from here

ATB YFM