Swimming as an activity — TomTom Community

Swimming as an activity

Andy SouthwellAndy Southwell Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 26 in Runner & Multi-Sport
is there anyway I can add swimming included as an activity on my watch, would using a chest strap to do heart rate work, if so what chest strap would work please, I want it to show and give me points for the activity

Comments

• Andy SouthwellAndy Southwell Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    is there anyway I can add swimming included as an activity on my watch, would using a chest strap to do heart rate work, if so what chest strap would work please
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,786 Superusers
    is there anyway I can add swimming included as an activity on my watch, would using a chest strap to do heart rate work, if so what chest strap would work please, I want it to show and give me points for the activity
    I assume you have a Runner watch if you do not have swimming and there is no way to add sports modes. It is a Runner watch designed exclusively for running and is a lower price than the MultiSports and Sparks which have more sports modes. You also can not use a chest strap for swimming as the signals do not travel underwater and the built-in monitor is unreliable underwater and is inactive in swimming. Points are only awarded for running and cycling activities for which they can estimate VO2Max. If you want these features you will need to upgrade to a device that has them.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Andy SouthwellAndy Southwell Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi thanks for the reply, I have a tom Tom spark cardio + music

so the tom tom chest strap wouldn’t work either?
    My old polar use to work as a heart rate monitor while swimming would the chest strap from that work with my tom tom

thanks Again Andy
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,786 Superusers
    Hi thanks for the reply, I have a tom Tom spark cardio + music

so the tom tom chest strap wouldn’t work either?
    My old polar use to work as a heart rate monitor while swimming would the chest strap from that work with my tom tom

thanks Again Andy
    If you have a Spark then you already have swimming as an activity on the watch, so I am not sure what you are asking for. Polar worked as that was not BT, it was a proprietary analog signal which only Polar uses. No BT works under water. Some brands will record and save the data and upload it when the swim is done but TT does not work with them.