Go Camper & MyDrive - Route Selection Problems — TomTom Community

Go Camper & MyDrive - Route Selection Problems

QFBQFB Posts: 15 [Outstanding Explorer]
Hi, hardware new and software and maps all updated, MyDrive running on an iPhone 6S Plus, also all up to date.

This specific problem arises when I plan a route to a destination on the iPhone, say from Home to Work. I enter the start and destination and after a few moments I am presented with a map screen offering me three different routes with one of them, the fastest, highlighted in pale blue. At this point I have the "Send to device" option available to me which I can click if I want that route. All good so far.

However, if I select one of the other routes because I want to go a particular way the "Send to device" option is then greyed out and I am unable send either of the other routes to my device.

It seems strange to me that I am presented with three routes but I can't actually choose to send two of them to my device and I'm restricted to one option :thinking:

I've tried changing the vehicle options and that makes no difference and I've deselected all the "Avoid On Route" options so that the system is not trying to avoid anything. I KNOW that all the routes are fine for my vehicle because I've driven all of them, for the most part they are also bus routes.

What am I doing wrong here?

Q

Comments

• [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    QFB wrote:
    This specific problem arises when I plan a route to a destination on the iPhone, say from Home to Work. I enter the start and destination and after a few moments I am presented with a map screen offering me three different routes with one of them, the fastest, highlighted in pale blue. At this point I have the "Send to device" option available to me which I can click if I want that route. All good so far.

However, if I select one of the other routes because I want to go a particular way the "Send to device" option is then greyed out and I am unable send either of the other routes to my device.
    That's the way it is and only the "Fastest" route can be "Send To Device", but you have the option "Find Alternative" on your device.

http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/GO_Camper/refman/TomTom-GO-CAMPER-EU-UM-en-gb.pdf
  • QFBQFB Posts: 15 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Thanks for the reply, I did check the manual but was unable to find any reference to this particular issue. I acknowledge that "that's the way it is" if that's the case but why three routes are presented when the system only allows you to select one of them still escapes me! Just designed to confuse I guess :upside_down:

Another thing I can't work out, which I probably need to post a separate question about, is why vehicle dimensions entered into the MyDrive application seem to not get carried through from route to route and I seem to have to re-enter them which is frustrating. Do you have any pointers on that EthoZ?

Thanks,

Q
  • Ovalball03Ovalball03 Posts: 299 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    The only way I have been told is to select a waypoint somewhere on one of the suggested alternatives and then you get option to send to device.
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    "Send To Device" sends only the destination and stops to device and nothing else. As a route always starts from the GPS position, a Start point will be ignored.
    If you want an exact MyDrive route on your device you have to choose Save (and sync). But the result will be a Track not a route.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,271
    Superusers
    Hi
    @QFB

Using iPhone MyDrive Route planner 2.3.0 Here...

(1)... Plan your route
    After planning your Route

(2)... At the bottom of the screen the three route options are displayed... The selected route (In this instance the 'Fastest') has a blue square Icon

(3)... Tap on one of the alternate route displayed at the bottom of the screen to select it (The chosen route now displays the blue square Icon and a 'v' symbol)

Yes indeed after selecting one of the alternate route the 'Send to Device' displayed at the TOP of the screen is greyed-out

But if you now...

(4)... Tap again on the chosen alternate route... (Displayed at the bottom of the screen with the blue square Icon and a 'v' symbol)
    A further option appearers 'Save to MyRoutes'

(5)... Tap 'Save to MyRoutes'

The Route will be synced to MyRoutes

(6)... Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Tap MyRoutes... Select and Tap the newly synced Route

If you wish to return to the three Route options flick downwards on the bottom of the screen

The original thread is Here...
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/go-5xxx-6xxx-series-go-4xx-6xx-series-go-via-and-start-4x-6x-series-mydrive-connect-176/is-there-a-tomtom-european-technical-helpline-1035864/index1.html#post1221045

ATB YFM
  • Ovalball03Ovalball03 Posts: 299 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    FYI Idid the above on my iPad Pro but when I then looked in myroutes on the iPad it had synced but only the original fastest route.However on my tomtom Camper in myroutes it had indeed synced the alternative route.
    Hi @YamFazMan

Thank you for that, it's very helpful and that's what I'm going to do from here on. It does still seem weird that if I follow that procedure and it syncs to my Camper the correct route is then on the Camper :thumbsup: BUT if I then look at my saved routes list in the iPhone MyDrive App it is listed as "Routename" "route length" | FASTEST. It isn't the fastest route and if I then open that (saved) route in the App I get a map showing the original three routes, with the fastest one highlighted, I guess it's just looking at the start and finish points and plotting again.

Thanks again,

Q
    Ovalball03 wrote:
    FYI Idid the above on my iPad Pro but when I then looked in myroutes on the iPad it had synced but only the original fastest route.However on my tomtom Camper in myroutes it had indeed synced the alternative route.

That's EXACTLY my experience @Ovalball03 - I must have been typing my previous reply as you were sending yours! Not exactly intuitive is it! :laughing:

Q