What are all these garbage messages that have started appearing in questions? — TomTom Community

What are all these garbage messages that have started appearing in questions?

BrianEBrianE Posts: 485 [Exalted Navigator]
edited January 11 in Travel lounge
Loads of garbage about HP printers, Norton antivirus, etc. Has the forum been hacked by any chance?
BrianE

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,152 Superusers
    Lousy spam filters by Insided. Flag a few as spam.
  • LornaTTLornaTT Posts: 773 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    As dhn says, they slipped past the spam filters. We've updated them now and removed the spam posts. Thanks :)
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,542 Superuser
    @Lorna

They are still coming 6 minutes after your last post !!
    Help others identify useful content :-
    If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍
    If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
    @Lorna

What spam filter? still coming 22 mins after your last post (11 more!!)
    If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
    @Lorna

So here we go with another avalanche of spam, InSided spam filter is a load of c**p, 25 in the last hour, and still they come :(
    Have recently had a number of post 'awaiting moderators' to be cleared then we get this :(
  • BrianEBrianE Posts: 485 [Exalted Navigator]
    There must be some really sad and twisted people about if they've got nothing better to do than cause trouble for others with their spam, trojans, viruses et al. I'm glad I've got a router with a robust defence (at least I hope it has, it's blocked lots of bad stuff recently).d471e2ca-2537-415a-9122-8549a9fdaeb3.jpg
    BrianE
    Fortunately the US office is still open so have raised a 2nd level support ticket to try and get this spam attack squashed, but it does raise the question as to what we 'elites' are supposed to do when the US office shuts down for the weekend!
    @Lorna @VikramK @lampard some positive instructions would be nice
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,152 Superusers
    I can't even get the Report button to work today when I try to report one of the messages as spam!