Download of update failed-Start25 — TomTom Community

Download of update failed-Start25

Tom T0m Start25 update d0wnload failed after 2 hours of downloading. All maps have been erased. How to get the maps back?

Comments

• LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,567
    Superuser
    Hi @howill

There was a problem installing the update. The map didn't install correctly. If there is a corrupted map, it will be necessary to delete it before restarting the download.

Look at these FAQs and this Video:

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16863/

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16693/

[video]
    Otherwise you will need to contact TomTom support:

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Regards.
  • mg10c2mg10c2 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    hi,
    I have a tomtom start 25. I use Tom tom MyDrive Connect to update it. I have windows 10 operating system windows firewall and malwarebytes installed. In normal circumstances I can never get MyDrive to connect to my tomtom device. It recognises that it is there and shows a circular spinning connecting icon (which dissapears when the tomtom device is unplugged and says start25 disconnected then).

to update the start 25 for new European maps I had to restart windows in safe mode with networking ( right click windows icon - bottom left of screen select run type msconfig (into the open ... box) select the "Boot" tab click "Safe Boot" - it defaults to "Minimal" but change minimal to "Network". Restart the device in safe mode. Run MyDrive and connect tomtom start and it will update.

It takes about 40 minutes to update the device, My concerns would be that the firewall and antivirus software in safe mode during that 40 minutes may not be as effective as normal.

Maybe someone who knows more would advise if this is a safe way to do the update.
  • WhizzManWhizzMan Posts: 17 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    howill wrote:
    Tom T0m Start25 update d0wnload failed after 2 hours of downloading. All maps have been erased. How to get the maps back?
    Try to see if the size of the map you want to install actually fits on your device. I got bitten today by trying to install Europe 10.10 on a 510. Europe is bigger than the free space on my device. The update destroyed the old map and the new map won't fit. TomTom does not provide the option to download the older map that would fit. The only solution I can think of is to put an SD card that is big enough in your device and then try again, by installing the new map on the SD card in the tomtom.
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,567
    Superuser
    Hi @mg10c2

Safe mode works but you no longer have any protection for the security of your PC.
    The solution is to make a total exception for the MDC software in your antivirus and firewall. I use Kaspersky Security and I have to do it otherwise the updates are systematically blocked.
    The exception must be made for this file:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\MyDrive Connect\TomTom MyDrive Connect.exe

To do this, you must see with the support of your anti-virus software and firewall.
    If you use Windows Firewall, you must allow private and public access. See in this link, option two, how to do it:
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/70903-add-remove-allowed-apps-through-windows-firewall-windows-10-a.html#option2

Regards.