Map update — TomTom Community

Map update

TinyTomTinyTom Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Map purchasing
I've just received a map update 10:10 for my Go 825 the only thing is my subscription ran out September 2014. Have TomTom made an error?

I generally use Android Auto these days as it has up to date maps and live traffic free of charge.

I must admit I preferred the TomTom as it gave speed limits and speed cameras but thought it was a bit expensive renewing it each year. Also AA does not always allow you to set your destination if you have no phone signal.

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,311
    Superusers
    Do you Brits know the expression, "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth" ?? :grinning:
  • TinyTomTinyTom Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi dhn, absolutely we do. I just wondered if TomTom had made an error sending out free map updates. They have never done it before, I suppose it's about honesty.
  • mayduavongtsmayduavongts Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information! http://anthaison.vn/sp/may-dua-vong-tu-dong-ts/
  • TinyTomTinyTom Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I thought I would take advantage of TomTom's generous offer and download the free map update. When I tried to download I noticed that instead of being a free download like it said there was just an £8 reduction in price. That is misleading advertising someone not on the ball could have fallen for this. Perhaps the ASA would be interested in this?