Rider 550 - How good is the screen in sunny sunny weather — TomTom Community

Rider 550 - How good is the screen in sunny sunny weather

KawiNinja400KawiNinja400 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in RIDER
Hello, thinking of purchasing the Rider 550, looked at the new Garmin zūmo 396 LMT-S but it has a slower processor (CPU) then the Rider 550. How fast the processor is has been a major factor in my decision making. Also I like the Tom Tom Drive website route planner functionality. Its alot better then the old obsolete Basecamp standalone software offered by Garmin. The display of the Rider 550 not 100% yet. My only concern at this point is visibility in sunny weather. I would like to know how easy is it to see and read what's on the screen when the sun is shining directly on the screen or in sunny weather in general. Your feedback would be much appreciated.

Ride safe.

Thanks
Edward

Comments

• HarmvanveghelHarmvanveghel Posts: 17 [Master Explorer]
    Hello Edward,

was Luxembourg for 3 day's with the rider 550, no problem in sunny weather, when the sun is directly shining on the 550 its a little less but still visibility is OK.
  • ztech6ztech6 Posts: 55 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Just completed a tour of Portugal and Spain last week, no problem with screen visibility on the 420, I think the 550 has the same screen (?)
  • Just_Me_Just_Me_ Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    It's decent, but the Garmin Zumo is awesome in the sun.
  • DBC58DBC58 Posts: 28 [Master Explorer]
    I have found the screen clarity in full sunlight to be very good. I use the provided Ram mount. Some times you can get a glare on the screen but a slight tilt of the GPS in the Ram mount will eliminate the glare.