Layout

I've got the old layout on my tom tom 7150 and I much prefer it to the new 1, I used my friends last week and thought it was terrible, what a complete backwards step tomtom have made to the new design, I found it confusing and the lane layout to small, why can't they leave things alone, I'm after a new tomtom but I'm reluctant to buy 1 with the new layout, anybody else think the new layout is pathetic?

Comments

• Nffc2047Nffc2047 Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I agree 100% with you, the layout is terrible a completely backwards step, and as for Lane guidance the virtually not existant
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,813 Superusers
    edited February 21
    Hi
    @Nffc2047

How strange???
    Are you using a Computer Voice (A Computer voice has a more comprehensive command set) in the UK use Serena or Malcolm

On Motorways I receive a spoken warning approximately 1 Mile from the Exit-slip
    Then at 800 yards the ALG screen displays plus a spoken warning
    When I exit a Motorway and enter the Slip road when the ALG clears I receive a verbal instruction "In xxx yards turn Left/Right" or "In xxx yards at the runabout take the 'n' exit (Plenty of time to be in the correct lane)
    (You can clear the ALG early if required by tapping on the displayed ALG)

On Motorway Intersections I receive a early verbal warning to keep right/left and the AGL or the Mini ALG of the junction displaying at 800
    yards

Note... You can choose Full or split screen ALG
    Check the setting for the ALG (Advanced lane guidance)
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> Appearance --> Motorway exit previews....
    (1)... Show map and preview (Split screen... ALG/Map view)
    (2)... Show preview only (Full screen ALG view) Full Screen ALG like the old NAV2/3 devices... Like your previous NAV3 GO 7150
    (3)... Off

If you want to get back to the Map view quickly... Tap on the ALG screen to switch back to the map view

Also for general improvement over the default settings for using the Tomtom Speed Cam Database
    From the main screen... Tap (.... Menu) -> Setting -> Sounds & Warnings...
    Set... 'Warning Type' to... Read Allowed... (Important... Needs a Computer Voice set in the Voices menu)
    Speed Cameras & Hazards... Set to ON
    The next 10 Setting ALL set to Always
    The next 4 Settings ALL set to ON
    The device will now say....
    'Fixed Camera'
    'Mobile Hot Spot'
    'Red-light Camera'
    'Accident Black-spots
    ‘Spoken Traffic delays’

Speed Cams
    If you keep a check on the Traffic-bar... The device gives you a visual Warning of the next Fixed or Mobile Speed Camera many miles before you reach the camera

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'