via 1525TM GPS and RDS-TMC signal information — TomTom Community

via 1525TM GPS and RDS-TMC signal information

Hello,

I recently got a 1525TM and I am trying to figure out its features.

I wanted to be able to view the signal strength on both the GPS and RDS-TMC signals. (I had trouble with a different vendor having poor coverage). It looks like "Network Status" under Settings contains no useful information, and other models may include RDS-TMC signal information (https://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7583/related/1) but not this model.

Is this correct? If so, which models show both GPS and RDS-TMC connection information? It seems like the 1535TM might, but I'm not sure.

Thank you,

cowsnpigs

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,301
    Superusers
    Try Settings-->Connections-->GPS Status.

I'm not aware of any setting to show the RDS-TMC information.

The RDS coverage is not everywhere, though. See the link:

http://www.ttwnetwork.com/index.php/solutions/2013-04-02-15-39-16/coverageareas
  • cowsnpigscowsnpigs Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks very much for your response.

It doesn't have an option for Settings -> Connections. It does have a TomTom Services -> Network Status, but it only seems to let you know if you're connected to your PC.

I do have RDS-TMC coverage (I see traffic indicators in the map), but I was curious if there would be an explicit indicator. In the link in the OP, it seems that some models show an icon to show if the unit is not connected to RDS-TMC, if it is receiving updates, or it is completely up to date with traffic info.

As a side note, it is also running the newest software version available through MyConnect.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,301
    Superusers
    On the newer models, there might be a small icon looking like a satellite dish at the top of the traffic bar if it is trying to get a rds signal, not sure though.
  • cowsnpigscowsnpigs Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    OK, thanks again for your help.