New maps v10.10 available for download — TomTom Community

New maps v10.10 available for download

VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,159 TomTom Moderator
edited January 27 in News and announcements
Hi all,

We've just released the new v10.10 maps for maps for all portable navigation devices including Trucks, Camper, Automotives and they're available for download using WiFi , MyDrive Connect and TomTom HOME.

d8c267f5-a1e7-45f8-b6c6-b5a0ff28886e.jpg

In France on 1 July, the speed limits for two-lane roads will drop from 90 to 80 km / h. For this reason, TomTom will release an additional Europe map release (v10.11) with updated speed limits before the end of June.

Drive safe!

Cheers, Vikram

Comments

• miketorcymiketorcy Posts: 3,139 Superusers
    Great!
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,403 Superuser
    Thanks!
  • JJH-UKJJH-UK Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    Thanks Vikram - I'm d/loading now!

re: France - TomTom will probably be ready before the signs are changed... last I heard, they've left it too late to get finished by July 1st
  • PwcompPwcomp Posts: 11 [Master Traveler]
    When will the IOS update follow?
  • thedumasthedumas Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    are you planning promotions for the purchase of maps in June?
  • HairycornflakeHairycornflake Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you
  • andre.gillis_un35andre.gillis_un35 Posts: 12 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Nice Thanks Vikram
  • alin.gheorghealin.gheorghe Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks Vikram. Do you know also when the v10.10 maps will be available for R-Link users?
  • RochinhaRochinha Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    When go out to TomTom go android the new Maps.
  • George_George_ Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    How can I find out what's new on the new release? Specifically for Southern Africa maps. Thanks.
  • parsd51parsd51 Posts: 183 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Maps for iOS and Android available :-)
  • nadeems tomtomnadeems tomtom Posts: 33 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    just updated my 510 go tomtom version 10.10. there are new houses built off bullroyd lane but the new road is showing on device unnamed road but the road sign is displayed as bullroyd close so why is the tomtom devise saying unnamed road is it because they are new houses anyone have any clues please
  • bigbig Posts: 1,565 Superuser
    there are new houses built off bullroyd lane but the new road is showing on device unnamed road but the road sign is displayed as bullroyd close so why is the tomtom devise saying unnamed road

I've noticed sometimes new roads are added in stages. It's the first priority to get the road on the map so routes can be made to it but it might take longer to get names and details correct.

Check the online map at mydrive.tomtom.com to see if it's more up to date.
  • WhizzManWhizzMan Posts: 17 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    I just tried to update my 510 with Europe maps. It failed and destroyed the maps that were on the device. It turns out that the 10.10 europe maps will not fit on the stock 510 without a memory card in it, but MyDrive connect happily tried to install it anyway. Now I have a non functioning device because I can not download the previous map version anymore. Way to go TomTom, that is some marvelous work from your testing and QA department.
    big wrote:
    there are new houses built off bullroyd lane but the new road is showing on device unnamed road but the road sign is displayed as bullroyd close so why is the tomtom devise saying unnamed road
    I've noticed sometimes new roads are added in stages. It's the first priority to get the road on the map so routes can be made to it but it might take longer to get names and details correct.

• dhndhn Posts: 33,174 Superusers
    @WhizzMan

Add a 16 gb microsdhc card to your device. SanDisk is a good choice.

Then clear the download folder in Settings.

And then download the full Europe map again. If MDC doesn't find sufficient space on internal, it places it on the sd card.
    big wrote:

thank you for your help i will try this and see if this works :grin:
    hi just checked mydrive tomtom map and the road has no name as of yet so just have to wait for the name of road to be updated by tomtom
  • MyNameAllreadyExistsMyNameAllreadyExists Posts: 65 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    hi just checked mydrive tomtom map and the road has no name as of yet so just have to wait for the name of road to be updated by tomtom
    Hi, you can use map share to alert TomTom re missing names of road. See: https://www.tomtom.com/mapshare/tools/
    Hi, you can use map share to alert TomTom re missing names of road. See: https://www.tomtom.com/mapshare/tools/
    just did thanks for your help :slight_smile:
  • TinyTomTinyTom Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Why is TomTom sending out free updates to people with subscriptions which ended?
    See top left hand corner. If you click on the link you are offered an update with a reduction of £8.

53a5ba84-fd59-4272-80fe-c49b1e39ffa4.jpg
  • sjwsjw Posts: 6 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hope the new maps have taken out the dirt tracks, and peoples driveways that my 53 has been trying to take me down recently.
  • justmebrowsingjustmebrowsing Posts: 389 [Supreme Pioneer]
    From post #1 above:-
    "In France on 1 July, the speed limits for two-lane roads will drop from 90 to 80 km / h. For this reason, TomTom will release an additional Europe map release (v10.11) with updated speed limits before the end of June"

Is this still the situation as the clock is ticking fast towards this Saturday (end of June) and nothing seen or heard yet?
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online18

antonella66
antonella66
Bembo
Bembo
Dagobert
Dagobert
Niall
Niall
+14 Guests