New maps v10.10 available for download

VikramK
VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,758
edited January 2019 in News and announcements
Hi all,

We've just released the new v10.10 maps for maps for all portable navigation devices including Trucks, Camper, Automotives and they're available for download using WiFi , MyDrive Connect and TomTom HOME.

d8c267f5-a1e7-45f8-b6c6-b5a0ff28886e.jpg

In France on 1 July, the speed limits for two-lane roads will drop from 90 to 80 km / h. For this reason, TomTom will release an additional Europe map release (v10.11) with updated speed limits before the end of June.

Drive safe!

Cheers, Vikram

Comments

• miketorcy
    miketorcy Posts: 3,558
    Superuser
    Great!
  • LAURE123
    LAURE123 Posts: 1,632
    Superuser
    Thanks!
  • JJH-UK
    JJH-UK Registered Users Posts: 7
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks Vikram - I'm d/loading now!

re: France - TomTom will probably be ready before the signs are changed... last I heard, they've left it too late to get finished by July 1st
  • Pwcomp
    Pwcomp Registered Users Posts: 11
    Master Traveler
    When will the IOS update follow?
  • thedumas
    thedumas Registered Users Posts: 10
    Legendary Explorer
    are you planning promotions for the purchase of maps in June?
  • Hairycornflake
    Hairycornflake Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thank you
  • andre.gillis_un35
    andre.gillis_un35 Registered Users Posts: 12
    Outstanding Explorer
    Nice Thanks Vikram
  • alin.gheorghe
    alin.gheorghe Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks Vikram. Do you know also when the v10.10 maps will be available for R-Link users?
  • Rochinha
    Rochinha Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    When go out to TomTom go android the new Maps.
  • George_
    George_ Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    How can I find out what's new on the new release? Specifically for Southern Africa maps. Thanks.
  • parsd51
    parsd51 Registered Users Posts: 183
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    Maps for iOS and Android available :-)
  • nadeems tomtom
    nadeems tomtom Registered Users Posts: 33
    Prominent Wayfarer
    just updated my 510 go tomtom version 10.10. there are new houses built off bullroyd lane but the new road is showing on device unnamed road but the road sign is displayed as bullroyd close so why is the tomtom devise saying unnamed road is it because they are new houses anyone have any clues please
  • big
    big Posts: 1,712
    Superuser
    there are new houses built off bullroyd lane but the new road is showing on device unnamed road but the road sign is displayed as bullroyd close so why is the tomtom devise saying unnamed road

I've noticed sometimes new roads are added in stages. It's the first priority to get the road on the map so routes can be made to it but it might take longer to get names and details correct.

Check the online map at mydrive.tomtom.com to see if it's more up to date.
  • WhizzMan
    WhizzMan Registered Users Posts: 17
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    I just tried to update my 510 with Europe maps. It failed and destroyed the maps that were on the device. It turns out that the 10.10 europe maps will not fit on the stock 510 without a memory card in it, but MyDrive connect happily tried to install it anyway. Now I have a non functioning device because I can not download the previous map version anymore. Way to go TomTom, that is some marvelous work from your testing and QA department.
  • nadeems tomtom
    Prominent Wayfarer
    big wrote:
    there are new houses built off bullroyd lane but the new road is showing on device unnamed road but the road sign is displayed as bullroyd close so why is the tomtom devise saying unnamed road
    I've noticed sometimes new roads are added in stages. It's the first priority to get the road on the map so routes can be made to it but it might take longer to get names and details correct.

• dhn
    dhn Posts: 33,382
    Superuser
    @WhizzMan

Add a 16 gb microsdhc card to your device. SanDisk is a good choice.

Then clear the download folder in Settings.

And then download the full Europe map again. If MDC doesn't find sufficient space on internal, it places it on the sd card.
  • nadeems tomtom
    Prominent Wayfarer
    big wrote:

• nadeems tomtom
    Prominent Wayfarer
    thank you for your help i will try this and see if this works :grin:
  • nadeems tomtom
    Prominent Wayfarer
    hi just checked mydrive tomtom map and the road has no name as of yet so just have to wait for the name of road to be updated by tomtom
  • MyNameAllreadyExists
    MyNameAllreadyExists Registered Users Posts: 130
    Exalted Navigator
    hi just checked mydrive tomtom map and the road has no name as of yet so just have to wait for the name of road to be updated by tomtom
    Hi, you can use map share to alert TomTom re missing names of road. See: https://www.tomtom.com/mapshare/tools/
  • nadeems tomtom
    Prominent Wayfarer
    Hi, you can use map share to alert TomTom re missing names of road. See: https://www.tomtom.com/mapshare/tools/
  • nadeems tomtom
    Prominent Wayfarer
    just did thanks for your help :slight_smile:
  • TinyTom
    TinyTom Registered Users Posts: 6
    Apprentice Traveler
    Why is TomTom sending out free updates to people with subscriptions which ended?
    See top left hand corner. If you click on the link you are offered an update with a reduction of £8.

53a5ba84-fd59-4272-80fe-c49b1e39ffa4.jpg
  • sjw
    sjw Registered Users Posts: 6
    Neophyte Traveler
    Hope the new maps have taken out the dirt tracks, and peoples driveways that my 53 has been trying to take me down recently.
  • justmebrowsing
    justmebrowsing Registered Users Posts: 389
    Supreme Pioneer
    From post #1 above:-
    "In France on 1 July, the speed limits for two-lane roads will drop from 90 to 80 km / h. For this reason, TomTom will release an additional Europe map release (v10.11) with updated speed limits before the end of June"

Is this still the situation as the clock is ticking fast towards this Saturday (end of June) and nothing seen or heard yet?
This discussion has been closed.