TomTom Start 60 loses voices. — TomTom Community

TomTom Start 60 loses voices.

When I turn off my tomtom it comes up with, no voces installed.
I've tried downloading voices and they work, but as soon as I either switch off or the tomtom goes to sleep for a while it comes up again with no voices installed.
On my drive connect it states that I have a voice installed but the tomtom says no.
I've tried resetting, hard rebooting, clearing the caches on my computer but none of these work.
Even tried completely removing my connect fron my computer (even everything in the registry, which is thousands to clear) then installing a fresh my connect but still the computer say no.
Anyone have the same problem and fixed it?

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,769
    Superuser
    @Shewbert

A) Upgrade to version 17.03
    B) if it still persists contact Customer Services

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • ShewbertShewbert Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Sorry if I seem dumb, but I can't find the firmware upgrade anywhere in my drive connect.
    This is the only way that I can read my Start 60/6.
    I have looked on the satnav and it says I am running version 18.103.
    Drive connect says I can download and install a European map update v10.10 plus some community map updates, but I just cant find out where or how to update/downgrade to version 17.03
    Sorry that I'm not very computer savvy.
    Help or a link to someone who can help would be appreciated
    Superuser
    @Shewbert

17.03 was the previous version with 18.103 being released on the day that you started this thread so there is no need to change, so go ahead with the updates but do then one at a time starting with the map, then after each up date to do a soft reset, you will loose nothing, it is like rebooting your computer and reloads all the new files from an update.

A soft reset :- with your device charged for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply; press and hold your on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound (or the TomTom hands symbol appears) then release the on/off button. Make sure you are outside and have a clear view of the sky (satellites)
    Sorry no luck, I followed your instructions to the letter.
    I installed the map from my drive, did a soft reset
    Then went back on to mydrive to installed Serena, then mydrive said there was not enough room on my device so I installed a smaller map (uk only map) did a reset and installed serena once moe, did another reset and the Serena voice was working, when I switched off the device then back on again the device said: No voice installed go to tomtom.com/getstarted to install a voice.
    We own 8 start 60s in our coach company and this is the only one that is playing up, I often switch them off and they are placed are in a drawer, quite often when we use them again the batteries have gone flat, but they usually fire up with no problems.
    The affected tomtom has no other issues except for this losing the voice after switching it off, if it is left in standby the voices are ok, unless the unit is switched off, or the battery eventually goes flat.
    We bought the 8 devices along with 8 RDS traffic receivers for our drivers which cost the company almost £1,300, I don't really want to update any of the others incase this problem affects any of the other units.
    Thanks a lot for your help so far, I'll try the above a few more times, but I'm starting to think this is a software issue with one of the updates.
    Again Thanks Shewy
    Superuser
    @Shewbert

Have a word with customer services to see what further they suggest, maybe a newer version of Serena? Number in my first post.
    It loses all of the voices, I have tried today installing all of the UK voices, they all work until the unit is switched off, switch back on again the unit comes up with the no voices installed warning.
    Just out of interest I even tried uninstalling all of the maps and installing them on to a micro SD card, it made no difference, all of the orher sounds work bings bongs, start up sounds, speed cameras etc, gps is perfect, navigation perfect, I just cant get voices after a restart
    At the moment I am using the unit, but I dont switch it off and when I am finished with it, I leave it plugged in and in sleep mode then hide it under the drivers seat and this way it works with no problems.