"PROBLEM WITH MAPS" TomTom ease — TomTom Community

"PROBLEM WITH MAPS" TomTom ease

peterjb13peterjb13 Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
I have just updated my TT EASE and now I have a problem with both my maps installed. I cannot select either the UK or USA maps that is installed. The device states "problem with map" So I have gone from a fully functioning GPS device to a Brick in a second.
Stupid me I didn't back up my device before I updated. It's now backed up to the updated version.
I contacted the UK support line and they said my device is obsolete and they don't support it. So TT update has just destroyed my device! and the support help tells me to buy a new one!

I have tried hard reseting the device
I have deleted the maps and reinstalled them
I have cleared the cache.
The device was bought in the states and as far as I am aware the maps are legal.

Any help to bring the obsolete device back from the dead?

Comments

• peterjb13peterjb13 Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    Sorry the reply doesn't help.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,854
    Superuser
    @peterjb13

Contact Customer Services to see what they can do to help (remember to remain silent till you are actually through to a real agent)

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
    Before posting on the forum I did contact customer service and they told me my device is obsolete and they couldn't help me ..... even though it was the TT update that destroyed my device.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,906 Moderator
    @peterjb13

I have reactivated both the maps on your account.

Use TomTom HOME first to remove the corrupted maps and then proceed with a fresh installation.

Both the maps will be offered for download in TomTom HOME.

Regards
    Vikram
    Thank you
    Only the USA map downloaded. Please can you send me the UK map as well.

Thanks
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,906 Moderator
    Hi Peter

As I said before, I have reactivated both the maps on your account.

So its really strange that you are only able to download USA. Your device has an internal memory of 2GB so I doubt you will be able to install both maps.

What items get offered when you are logged into TomTom HOME and click on update my GO or Start?

Regards
    Vikram :)
    I had both maps installed previously. The usa map was 1.47 Gb and Uk 0.21 gb. The new USA map is 1.49 so it should fit. The device has 0.27 gb available. Do I need to create more space?

The only update now on offer is the USA map share which I am not going to download.

Originally the UK map did come up as a download .... but for some reason it did not install properly. Not sure why, it stop downloading fairly quickly.
    MAP NOW DOWNLOADED. THANKS