customer service

MoaMoa Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 27 in Map purchasing
I bought new charts which apparently don't download on my old Tomtom XL. There's no way to get personal contact with the customer service and the FAQ's are not at all usefull. It's feels like a fraud /swindling from TomTom. They take your money and there's no way to get any support for a special problem.

Comments

• justmebrowsingjustmebrowsing Posts: 389 [Supreme Pioneer]
    So they STILL have not fixed this error which has been known for many months now whereby the map shop lets you buy maps for unsupported devices like yours!

GROSS INEFFICIENCY at least!

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/travel-lounge-154/customer-support-phone-numbers-988105 BUT then do NOT select a device or push any more buttons, just stay on the line and someone will answer
  • alan.longmanalan.longman Posts: 19 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Go to the bottom of the page and under the about column you will a contact us button, click on that button and fill in the page with your complaint, do not bother with this forum you are much more likely to get the right result by contacting them direct.
    Go to the bottom of the page and under the about column you will a contact us button, click on that button and fill in the page with your complaint, do not bother with this forum you are much more likely to get the right result by contacting them direct.

For a non-supported device...I doubt it very much!
    Are you saying they will not support the device, or the sale of maps, if you contact them direct by email using their contact us button, you will make it plain to tomtom that you either want your maps that you have paid for or your money returned, all the time you continue to use this forum you are only wasting your time, as this is page is as much use as a chocolate tea pot, I get much better results from contacting them direct.
    If the poor sod (who has an End-of-Life device) follows your suggestion he will end up seeing:- http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/contact/p/1658 (so THAT'S what you call a chocolate teapot)
    If he follows my advise in post #2 above at least he WILL be able to talk to someone in "support" who will arrange for his refund.
    It's just a shame people like Moa (the op) don't have the common decency to come back and tell us how they got on which will then help others in the same situation and maybe even reduce the clutter of almost duplicate questions over & over again!
    If the poor sod follows my suggestion and contacts tomtom direct using the contact us button he will get either his maps or money refunded, Just force the issue they will respond, the chocolate tea pot is this forum page, as you rightly pointed out it gets cluttered with the same questions time and time again and to no avail, using the phone and not email might work, the phone has worked for me in the past, but then they say we have no record of your conversation and you spend a fortune just to be told they will look into it, I have also got them to return my call at a prearranged time (local).
    Not trying to get into an argument here Alan BUT, if you have an EoL device like the op's XL IQ routes (unless it's the still-supported 4GB version) you will end up with that contact us screen basically saying "Important:​ Your device is no longer supported through phone or email, and it's not possible to buy new maps and services for your device. You can still get help through our user forum and FAQs. More information" unlike maybe your experience with a still supported device?
    I understand what you are saying, and I accept that it is not officially supported, I do still use my superb XL mainly for the POIs that are not available on the garbage go510 I have, two satnags on my dashboard, I have had need for support from tomtom when I tried to install newer maps on my 1gb version and the thing wouldn't start afterwards, they did assist me with my use of tomtom home, I feel the key point here is when it clearly says it's not possible to buy new maps, and yet it is possible to pay for maps even though you can't buy them, tomtom need to get themselves organised a bit better if these sorts of issues are going to be sorted.
    I feel the key point here is when it clearly says it's not possible to buy new maps, and yet it is possible to pay for maps even though you can't buy them, tomtom need to get themselves organised a bit better if these sorts of issues are going to be sorted.

My sentiments exactly as per post #2:- "So they STILL have not fixed this error which has been known for many months now whereby the map shop lets you buy maps for unsupported devices like yours!
    GROSS INEFFICIENCY at least!"