MyDrive Web & App do not appear to work with Professional 6250 for multi-stop truck routes — TomTom Community

MyDrive Web & App do not appear to work with Professional 6250 for multi-stop truck routes

NeuonNeuon Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
I am a professional driver and have a Professional 6250 used with "truck" settings and an iPhone.

It is not possible to sync multi-stop routes with the device using either MyDrive (web) or MyDrive (app). No option is ever provided to "Send Route To Device" in accordance with the Instructions on page 42 of the TomTom GO PROFESSIONAL User Manual 17.1.

TomTom support have said that the workaround is to sync the route as a track. However, this is not viable as the track does not show stops, and tracks are not updated in real time (e.g. due to traffic or diversions). This is covered on page 104 of the Manual.

The lack of this functionality with MyDrive (web or app) means you can only plan multi-stop routes directly on the device itself.

Has anybody else experienced this or managed to get multi-drop planning in MyDrive to work?

Many thanks.

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,488
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Neuon

There's a known bug with the MyDrive Web Route planner when using the 'Send to Device' option... During a "A" to "B" or Multi Stop Route transfer/sync where 'A' is NOT your current location... The PND device drops Location "A"

For a workaround see...https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/go-wi-fi-6200-5200-620-520-52-professional-via-53-go-camper-go-basic-482/cant-store-routes-on-my-device-go-520-wifi-1036039/index1.html#post1221751

ATB YFM
  • NeuonNeuon Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    Hi YFM,

Many thanks for the advice on this. I'll give it a go with MyDrive (web) and MyDrive (App) (which also does not work with multi-stop routes).

I am surprised TomTom's support staff were not aware of this workaround instead of the practically inferior track solution.

Thanks again.
    OK, had a go using MyDrive (Web) but still does not work.

Saved routes (any type) are not synched with the device even though "send destination to device" works instantly from MyDrive (Web) to the device.

Routes created and saved on the device are not saved to MyDrive (Web). I have not tried MyDrive (App) either way as yet.

Why does this not just work? It is not as though it is a new app. Very frustrating indeed.
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Neuon

Check you are still Logged into MyDrive on the device...

NAV4 devices... Tap the 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Tomtom Services... MyDrive
    NAV5(Wifi) Devices... Tap the 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> MyDrive

ATB YFM
    Hi YFM,

Many thanks. Yes, checked this.

If I select "send destination to device" for an item, the device pings almost immediately as the new destination is received.

I presume this confirms that I am logged in correctly to "MyDrive" on my 6250 (NAV5)?
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,311
    Superusers
    Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds. See if the destination shows then.....
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Tomek398

The method I suggested (2nd Post in this thread) does work
    Here's a .ITN Route Displayed on my GO 6200
    The .ITN Route is From Worcester to Manchester with 20 random Stops

a0679dcc-0c3c-4b72-9cdb-9c73590531c3.jpg
    Note....
    I have edited the header of the post linked to in the (2nd Post in this thread) to further explain some of the restrictions/shortcomings of the MyDrive Web Route planner

ATB YFM
  • Tomek398Tomek398 Posts: 25 [Master Traveler]
    Thank you very much @YamFazMan
  • Tomek398Tomek398 Posts: 25 [Master Traveler]
    @YamFazMan , you wrote:
    The MyDrive Web Route planner has a Maximum 30 Stop limit if you save the .ITN Route to the PC Desk top and transfer the route using a Micro SD memory card
    but how can I save the .ITN Route to the PC? I thought that I can only save it as .gpx
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Tomek398

Sorry Copy & Paste error... Corrected

ATB YFM
    Hi Folks,

Many thanks indeed for all your help with this, but I am not able to get multi-stop planning with MyDrive (web or app) to work. I use MacOS and iOS.

TomTom support's final word is this:
    I have now discussed this with our senior technical team they have informed that there is some issue with the MyDrive.

Our senior technicians are working on this and as soon as the issue is resolved we will update you with the same.

I guess this is not likely to be fixed anytime soon based on how long other device issues seem to have remained unresolved, as reported on these forums.

Disappointed that it transpires I can only plan multi-stop routes on the device itself and not with MyDrive (web or app).

Thanks again.
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Neuon

How many Stops (Max) do you need to plan for in your .ITN Route

ATB YFM
    Hi YFM,

Maybe 10-12.

Am on the road so do not have access to a PC/Mac to plan, just my phone. Need the benefit of dynamic changes and traffic updating that routes offer.

Cheers
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Neuon

Have you looked at the iPhone/iPad or Android MyDrive Route planner Apps

ATB YFM
    @YamFazMan

Yes, the ios app on phone and iPad. Same problem whether MyDrive web or MyDrive app.

Quite simply, I have not found any way to remotely plan a multi-stop route and send it to the device. And neither has TomTom support. The only option, as you mention, is to sync a track, but that is not editable and cannot be dynamically updated (e.g diversions, traffic, schedule changes).

Page 42 of the product manual, which describes how this should work, does not apply in reality.

Bearing in mind we are talking about a Professional model for professional use, the TomTom Professional Truck 6250 is not fit for purpose if off-device, multi-stop, remote planning and management is needed.
    Superusers
    Hi

I agree it's so difficult to edit a Route directly on the device, we have been asking for Numbered Stops/Named stops for YEARS but it all falls on deaf ears

ATB YFM
    @YamFazMan

An update.

I have now got this issue (sending Multi-stop routes from MyDrive (Web and MyDrive App to the device) partially working using MyDrive (web). I have yet to test:
    • Using MyDrive (app).
    • Dynamically changing a multi-stop route when actually following a received route.
    The error you first mentioned above, where the start point is not the current location, still applies (have to use a sacrificial stop), but at least I am actually getting the option within MyDrive (web) to "Send to Device". What I now get is:
    • The multi-stop route is immediately received by the Device.
    • There is no synching of saved routes on MyDrive (Web). But the received route can be saved on the Device.
    • The saved route can be edited on the Device.
    HOWEVER
    What seems to be the root issue of the phantom "Send to Device" button is the use of the MyDrive Avoid options. If any one of these is selected in MyDrive (Web) then there is no option to "Send to Device". If no "Avoid" option is selected, then "Send to Device" is offered.

What is not clear is if the route "Sent to Device", without any options set from MyDrive (web), then inherits the "Avoid options" which are set on the Device (in Settings | Route Planning).

A little more work to do with MyDrive (App) and real world use, but I hope this helps anyone else who is struggling to plan off-device multi-stop routes using MyDrive (Web) and MyDrive (App).