3D navigation not showing streets in android 8 (using tom tom go mobile) — TomTom Community

3D navigation not showing streets in android 8 (using tom tom go mobile)

TestDrTestDr Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
Good afternoon,

In my android 8 device everything seems to work perfectly (I am very happy with the software otherwise) with the exception of the 3D view navigation. The buildings, rout and also the traffic alerts are shown in the 3D view but for some reason the streets (other than the one I have to follow) do not show up. This seems to be a problem only with android 8. In other device with android 7 (my wife's) this problem does not occurs and everything seems perfect. I would like to know if you have any idea of how could I solve this problem?

Just to see if it was a generic product I tried other products 9waze, google maps, etc...) and they all seems to be working smoothly. nevertheless I still like the tom tom experience more and would prefer not to change but to solve the problem. Could you enlighten me regarding what to do?

Best regards,

Comments

• TestDrTestDr Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Good afternoon EthoZ,

Thank you for your prompt reply. However, in the chain of conversations you suggested there seems to be no answer as to whether Tom Tom is planning to tackle the problem or not. Is there any definitive answer to that? otherwise I might as well start getting used to some other navigation system. Additionally, if they do plan to tackle the problem, what is a reasonable time frame for it to happen.

Best regards,
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Don't hold your breath!
  • grantstewgrantstew Posts: 81
    Staff
    What phone are you using? I have several models of phone with Android 8 here in the office and don't see this behavior on any of them?
  • AsprinAsprin Posts: 271 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Can you post a screen shot of that off your phone showing this problem??

I have never run into only the street I am on is in 3D.....

When you switch back to normal view and then back to 3D what happens???

Have tested this app on many different smartphones and Tablets.

3D has always worked.
  • VjkdigitalVjkdigital Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    If you switch to normal view, everything comes up fine. When you switch back to 3d View Only your current route appears.

For me I've turned 3d off and now use 2d view in the settings. It the only way to fix it it seems.
  • openlabopenlab Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hmm I have the latest oreo 8.1 Stock version on my Nokia and TotTom Go does not even launch, it sticks in the launch screen for hours.
    Someone an idea?
    This was brand new installed so no upgrade of the OS>
  • gbarrenagbarrena Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    3d not work, please tomtom correct this issue
  • gbarrenalesslangbarrenalesslan Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    a headunit ist a smartphone for car.... every time we talk about this problem it seems that it bothers tomtom that we talk about it, I want to think that this failure is purposely produced so that it does not work in units of this type.
    I do not understand this position on the part of tomtom, we are people that we like their product and we have bought it to be able to use it, I do not understand that they do this. With this they will get us to go to other brands of browsers, such as sygic, google maps.

• kempsmjkempsmj Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    TestDr wrote:
    Good afternoon,

In my android 8 device everything seems to work perfectly (I am very happy with the software otherwise) with the exception of the 3D view navigation. The buildings, rout and also the traffic alerts are shown in the 3D view but for some reason the streets (other than the one I have to follow) do not show up. This seems to be a problem only with android 8. In other device with android 7 (my wife's) this problem does not occurs and everything seems perfect. I would like to know if you have any idea of how could I solve this problem?

Just to see if it was a generic product I tried other products 9waze, google maps, etc...) and they all seems to be working smoothly. nevertheless I still like the tom tom experience more and would prefer not to change but to solve the problem. Could you enlighten me regarding what to do?

Best regards,

I have exact the same problem in my Android 8 car radio.
    On my phones (LG G6 and a Samsung S8, both running Android 8) it runs perfectly.
    So I don't think it is Android 8 related, but maybe the used chipset of the device (mine is a PX5).
  • chakalakachakalaka Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    It worked up to Android 7.1, looks like they blocked it for Android 8.0 for some reason, nothing todo here until they decied to unlock it, strange...
  • kempsmjkempsmj Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    chakalaka wrote:
    It worked up to Android 7.1, looks like they blocked it for Android 8.0 for some reason, nothing todo here until they decied to unlock it, strange...
    Both my mobile phones run Android 8 an it works perfectly on them.
    Its just not working on my car radio.
  • chakalakachakalaka Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    kempsmj wrote:
    chakalaka wrote:
    Both my mobile phones run Android 8 an it works perfectly on them.
    Its just not working on my car radio.

Exactly, the issue we all are talking about is that TomTom has blocked the 3D view from working on the Android car head units starting Android v8.0, what is the reason? only they can answer, wait and see.
  • alexrotarualexrotaru Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Same problem on my eonon px5 android head unit with android 8. 3d not working. Come on TomTom I just bought 1 year subscription !!!
  • 1979Damian1979Damian Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Sadly it seems the only conclusion we can draw from the lack of response from Tom Tom is that the "bug", isn't a bug and is by design.

Personally I'd at least have respect for them if they just came out and said something along the lines of the software has been specifically written to not work on certain devices (it is after all their product so they're entitled to do this) but the lack of response either way is just going to cause people to draw their own conclusions.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0