Tyre for travel program and TomTom — TomTom Community

Tyre for travel program and TomTom

Ovalball03Ovalball03 Posts: 296 [Renowned Trailblazer]
edited September 2019 in RIDER
I have previously used the tyre program to manage points of interest on my tomtom,as excellently described by YFM in great detail elsewhere on this forum.However the recent announcement by Tyre for travel that they are no longer supporting google maps,I wonder whether this will still be possible?

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,770
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Ovalball03

It looks like they have a fix in process....

42850368-93d8-4b70-9004-67d199b48a56.jpg
    But if its not sorted by the 11th of June deadline, substitute the program ITN Converter
    Use the 'Export file format' option > Tomtom POI (.Ov2) file type

I like the Free, slightly quirky, but very good ITN Converter

ITN Converter has a huge number of Map types including the Tomtom Routes Map, the ITN Converter also Saves/Exports a huge number of route file types, it will also export straight to the Tomtoms MyDrive Route planner...

The ITN Converter is quirky because it uses It uses two Windows, one with all the save/export options the other, being the "Editor Window" where you plan your routes
    Get ITN Converter here...
    http://www.benichou-software.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4&itemid=3&lang=en
    I think the ITN Converters ViaMichelin and the Nokia OVI Maps appear to be a good match to Tomtom Maps
    There is a Tomtom Map but the zoom level is a little restricted

Edit... The Zoom levels on the Tomtom Maps have improved quite a lot since the last time I used ITN Converter

ATB YFM
  • Ovalball03Ovalball03 Posts: 296 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Many thanks YFM very helpful as always.
  • ztech6ztech6 Posts: 55 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Is the replacement for Tyre MyRouteApp or is there a new Tyre version ?
  • EXPORTMANEXPORTMAN Posts: 634
    Superusers
    Myroute app is by the same developer and works fine, just a little different to Tyre.
    As as the name suggests there us a phone app linked to this too ( though I have not used the phone app)
  • ztech6ztech6 Posts: 55 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    As I've posted elsewhere, the MyRoute-App phone app works quite well on my Samsung. You can save the route as .itn file onto the phone, then blue tooth the route to the device (open the menu to place the TT into BT receive mode). I use TT 420 + Samsung s7 and edited the route on the road a few times.
  • ChrisHallChrisHall Posts: 256 [Exalted Navigator]
    ztech6 wrote:
    As I've posted elsewhere, the MyRoute-App phone app works quite well on my Samsung. You can save the route as .itn file onto the phone, then blue tooth the route to the device (open the menu to place the TT into BT receive mode). I use TT 420 + Samsung s7 and edited the route on the road a few times.

I've tried to get this to work with my iPhone 6S and I cannot work out how to transfer the saved file over bluetooth to the Rider.

Using a bluetooth analyzer I can see that the Rider has the following bluetooth services:

Hands Free (telephone calls)
    Headset (Navigation instructions
    PAN-U Service (Traffic)
    OBEX Object Push (the file transfer I need, I assume).
  • Ste7iosSte7ios Posts: 749
    Superuser
  • ChrisHallChrisHall Posts: 256 [Exalted Navigator]
    Ste7ios wrote:

Yes, I thought as much.
  • BloodboyBloodboy Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Forgive my lack of knowledge on this but how do I use the ITN converter, do I still open Tyre?, if so how do I overcome the API key pop up?
    Thanks
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 565 [Revered Pioneer]
    For ITN converter open the link in YamFazMan’s answer.

You don’t need Tyre anymore.

You also can use MRA there is a 40% discount for Tyre users. Or after the 14 day trail you can continue with the free basic version. See https://myrouteapp.com/en/go/tyre
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0