Stuck at cogwheel screen-Start 25 — TomTom Community

Stuck at cogwheel screen-Start 25

Not working, but stuck at cogwheel when turned on, doesn't do much else really. Reset does not work as there is no button where the video shows man pressing against case.

When connected to PC device not present error is shown.

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,301
    Superusers
    What model do you have?
  • tingetinge Posts: 12 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Start 25 I think
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,301
    Superusers
    Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds.
    off plus 20 = nothing
    cog plus 20 = nothing (or still cog, ie sometimes blanks sometimes not)
    to get cog hold on for 1-2 minutes, from off
    when off press and hold on, after 35secs drum "TOMTOM" in red on black screen, (release), then blank.
    If continue to hold after above (instead of release) "TOMTOM" goes on to second drum beat (say 1min 40) fades to cog (release) cog stops.
    if continue to hold, 5, 10, 15 an hour cog remains stopped.

With cog showing a press and hold can do either nothing, or turn off, or restart.
    There have been many interventions (rtb, new device, new downloads) on this device. It has never really worked. The last device, say the third, I never updated and that was' 'OK but wrong' for a while. Finally it was so out of date I updated it, it worked a bit, but always starts and stops randomly, can take a while to get GPS.

Mainly very difficult to turn on, cog however is new, since last update.

No longer interfaces with My Drive or HOME, "device not present". Have tried many resets, Is there a hard reset pin?

Was going on trip, so will be absent for a while.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,769
    Superuser
    The resets, the upgrade to drive the tom tom home, the incorrect video for the model, and the timings have not changed anything. Just the same non working tom tom that the bike used to have.

A gps should save time, this has just wasted my life...

Whatever you get make sure it isn't TOM TOM