Unhappy with product

outofafrica1999
outofafrica1999 Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
I Have just bought a GO 6200 on the recommendation of Tomtom to replace my XL live.
There are a number of features that i would expect to be available that are not. Surely if you are going to recommend a replacement product you would recommend one that has matching features. I have to say that I am very disappointed with this product and will not recommend it to anyone.

Comments

• Niall
    Niall Posts: 11,115
    Superuser
    @outofafrica1999

Can you be a bit more specific with the problems that you are having / features that are missing?
  • big
    big Posts: 1,712
    Superuser
    The latest TomToms do not have a lot of the features of some of the previous generation units. TomTom didn't exactly recommend the wrong unit -- there are no current units having all the features of the XL, so they recommended the best available.

If you look at these newer units solely by missing features then you may be disappointed. But do keep in mind the 6200 is much faster, has a bigger screen and can sync with web and mobile devices, among other things. Who knows, maybe that's what people want. Or what TomTom thinks people want. But it's not just what you lose -- you need to look at the whole package and decide what's important for you.
  • Oneeasygeezer
    Oneeasygeezer Registered Users Posts: 19
    Apprentice Traveler
    I Have just bought a GO 6200 on the recommendation of Tomtom to replace my XL live.
    There are a number of features that i would expect to be available that are not. Surely if you are going to recommend a replacement product you would recommend one that has matching features. I have to say that I am very disappointed with this product and will not recommend it to anyone.
    I feel the same when my XXL became redundant I upgraded to the TT6250 professional, what a mistake. Most of the customising ability has been removed in favour of what their programmers think we want, they should look at the forum to see how disgruntled users are with the new offerings. This will be my last TT unit if I can sell it at a reasonable price I will do and change to Garmin.
  • Tomek398
    Tomek398 Registered Users Posts: 25
    Master Traveler
    I agree that new devices should offer many more configuration options. I can understand that TomTom wants their devices to be simple to use, for example, by customers of car rental companies etc. But they should give users 'Advanced Mode' which allows for more customisation and configuration options. Hardware is not too bad, but software is quite limited sometimes in the way that is difficult to understand.

I also miss the LED with indicates charging.
  • outofafrica1999
    Apprentice Traveler
    Naill
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
    The main feature missing is the ability to set an arrival time.
    Some others are
    Set driving break reminder
    find alternative route
    ability to change pointer, startup screen and shut down screen
    not all premium voices work
    Change safety notifications

Thanks
  • big
    big Posts: 1,712
    Superuser
    Re find alternate route:

Menu -> Current Route -> Find Alternative Route

See:
    http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/gox20x/html/en-gb/index.htm#TheCurrentRoutemenu-MASTER.htm
  • outofafrica1999
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks Big