server too busy - device reset impossible GO LIVE 825 — TomTom Community

server too busy - device reset impossible GO LIVE 825

Hi,
I got a GO LIVE 825 and updated it a week ago.

Yesterday it didn't want to start, I only get the splash screen and it doesn't go further
following https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1898 I charged it all night and this morning tried to do a reset but MyDrive Connect keeps telling me that the servers are too busy..

I reinstalled MyDrive, but the problem persists.
I hope someone here can help me quick, as we were supposed to start our road trip this morning :(

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,064
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Owie

Have you tried a Drum roll restart on the device ????

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6965//session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDI2NjM0NDUyL3NpZC9EQTdTVHpobQ

Charge the device for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply

Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles......

If possible, for the for the first Satellite fix, go outside with a clear view of the Sky

ATB YFM
  • OwieOwie Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    hi,

thanks for replying. We tried that several times but it still doesn't pass the splash screen.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,064
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Owie

For the Drum-roll/Soft Restart
    You may have to hold the power button for 30 - 40 Seconds or more
    If you are using your PC as the power supply during the Drum-roll restart, don't have MyDrive Connect running on the Task bar... Right Click on the MyDrive Connect Icon on the PC Task bar and Click 'Quit' ... It sounds like the device is still trying to enter Recovery Mode

You may have to Ring Tomtom Support to cancel the Recovery Mode download or offer more support

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

ATB YFM
  • OwieOwie Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for the reply.
    Tried the soft restart while connected to the mains as well as connected to the comp, as well as after charging overnight and not connected.

It does do the drumroll but then it just sits on the splash screen - or it goes on to the black screen with the device info if I keep pressing the button.

Will be a case of calling support when I have time, I guess :(