TomTom Go 520 traffic update fail recently

JoePGM
JoePGM Registered Users Posts: 11
Apprentice Traveler
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Long story short: TomTom GO 520, system update to latest. Smartphone with bluetooth and Connect apps. Everything was fine back to 1-2 month before, recent months the Traffic and My Drive don't work anymore, Traffic and MyDrive icon (top right in the setting menu ) goes grey. Go into setting>bluetooth, go into the connected smartphone, the "Data for Traffic & other serivces" keep looping "connect and disconnect". Already try reset the SatNav, doesn't helpl; unpair both phone and satnav in their bluetooth setting and re-pairing, doesn't help

TomTom you need to fix it!

Comments

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,810
    Hi JoePGM

I would suggest that you do a factory reset:

Main menu- Settings- System- Reset

To avoid losing your saved places on the device you can create a back using MyDrive, see the user guide here

Forget the device on your phone(Bluetooth settings), and then start a fresh pairing.

Test the connectivity after planning a route and see if it remains stable.

In case you still see that the connection drops then please post back with your phone details:

Phone model:
    iOS or Android version:

Thanks
    Vikram :)
  • JoePGM
    Apprentice Traveler
    I have done the factory reset as in my original post and still doesn't work

my phone is a Huawei P9 Android

everything was working perfectly before, this connection issue happened only 1-2 month before after certain SatNav software upgrade. There are also other user report the same issue in this forum.
  • VikramK
    @JoePGM

Did you also try to forget the device on your phone before pairing it again.

I will need the Android version so I can pass on the details to the concerned team.

Thanks
  • JoePGM
    Apprentice Traveler
    I have unpair(forget) the device on my phone and pair it again after I do the factory reset on my TomTom, no luck at all

what android version do you mean? My phone is running on android 7
  • VikramK
    Hi Joe

Thanks for providing the info.

I have passed on the details to the concerned team so they can investigate this further.

I just wanted to know if the Android v7 is the latest one for your phone. Some users after upgrading to the latest Android version were able to establish a stable Bluetooth connection.

Regards
  • JoePGM
    Apprentice Traveler
    Android 7 is the latest and the upgrade has been there for near half year. The Huawei P9 + android 7 + TomTom Go 520 traffic work fine along until 1-2 months before the traffic goes fail. TomTom Go 520 setting keep showing the "Traffic and Data" in loop "connected > disconnected > reconnect"
  • JoePGM
    Apprentice Traveler
    Further info hopefully could help your support team address the issue:
    1. Traffic info and MyCloud could be update (both icons go white at top right corner) if TomTom connected to home wifi at the same time with bluetooth to smartphone.
    2. Traffic info and MyCloud COULD NOT be update (both icons go grey at topo right corner) if TomTom connected to smartphone hotspot and bluetooth at the same time.
    One more issue, when smartphone received message (e.g. from whatsapp), Go520 will show message arrive and ask if I want to hear it and wait for your command "Yes" or "No", however Go 520 sometime didn't response to these command