TomTom Golfer 2 "reset" — TomTom Community

TomTom Golfer 2 "reset"

DemastesDemastes Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Golfer & Golfer 2
Hi, do dug my watch out to start golfing again this year and it needed a full charge. this happened fine but it then wanted to update the courses. this didnt go well. i got the "oops somthing went wrong" message and ive followed all them steps a few times now including doing a factory reset. non of it has worked. on the watches display is "tomtom.com/reset"
ive followed all the instructions on doing a factory reset but its not working.
help!

Comments

• ricky gricky g Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    hi I got my new golf watch se2 yesterday am getting the same message cant register cant upload courses thinking there must be a bug
    be interested in the answer
  • KennywildeKennywilde Posts: 24 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I rang TomTom today. They are getting someone to fix it but I don't think it'll happen soon. Not many people working on it I think
    Hi thanks Kenny
    First golf watch I've had not a great start
    Done the factory reset and when I go to register there's nothing to click on just running apps unplug watch n the screen has frozen with tom tom reset on it
  • KennywildeKennywilde Posts: 24 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Mines the same. Rubbish isn't it. I'm playing tomorrow and sunday ? can't see em fixing it tomorrow
    I'm going Portugal next week don't think mine be coming with me stick with the old range finder
  • gregorheinrichgregorheinrich Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I had been using the Golfer 2 - and liking it a lot - for well over a year. In order to delete the rounds history, I tried a factory reset in combination with creating a new user account on My Sports Conntect (as otherwise the old history just gets uploaded again from the cloud), and that is when the trouble started:
    a reset is not possible as as soon as "update golf courses starts" - there is an error message, then the option "fix it" - and as that won't work either, the request comes up to do a "reset" - and that is the vicius circle out which there seems to be no escape.

In other messages, around Januar/February, some users stated that this was know issue and that a "fix" would be issued soon. But I have not seen any. Does anyone else have a solution to this problem?

Thanks
    I've sent mine straight back got it on Wednesday for my birthday followed the loading procedure and it downloaded in Spanish tried a reset and then the screen just showed tom tom/reset so I've sent it back cheaper and less annoying to buy a course planner
  • PDenKPDenK Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    This has just started happening to mine after a first reset because the golf rounds weren't syncing to the phone properly (not syncing shots that were entered on the watch).

This watch truly is rubbish, how do I go about sending it back/getting a refund?
    Not sure as yours is over a year old but I'd certainly be in contact with tom tom
  • Hooky23Hooky23 Posts: 18 [Outstanding Explorer]
    exactly the same issue with mine. Just how can you do a factory reset assuming that the problem is there?
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,738 TomTom Moderator
    Hi All,

We've already reported this to the product team and the investigation is ongoing. There's a workaround for now which you may find complicated.

See the steps in the discussion link here: https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/golfer-golfer-2-393/courses-watch-not-updating-after-reset-1036203/index2.html#post1223382

Regards, lampard