Start 25- Save or add favourites on a memory card — TomTom Community

Start 25- Save or add favourites on a memory card

Hi. I wonder if I can add more or save "Favourites" on memory card because this device says that I can't save favourites anymore and I have to delete some of them but I don't want to.

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,301
    Superusers
    If you add a sd card to your device (a 16 gb SanDisk is a good choice) then there is sufficient space to move a map or maps to the card, thus allowing space on internal for more favourites. That is the only location where favourites can be saved.
  • blahblah2422blahblah2422 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    dhn wrote:
    If you add a sd card to your device (a 16 gb SanDisk is a good choice) then there is sufficient space to move a map or maps to the card, thus allowing space on internal for more favourites. That is the only location where favourites can be saved.
    But how do I move a maps to the card? Do I need to download TomTom PC app?
  • blahblah2422blahblah2422 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    So as I can see there is no option to add more faviourites, because my device has 2300mb free space left :) I will not belive that adding 1 more favourite location will consume that much space. :)
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,301
    Superusers
    Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds. See if you can add the location then.

Support:

:flag_pl: Polska (Poland)
    +48 22 30 62 335
    Poniedziaek-Pitek 09:00-17:00
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,567
    Superuser
    hi all

@blahblah2422
    I have a Start 25 and I think the number of favourites is limited to 96. I'm not sure of the number exactly. On the one I have there are 88.

There is a workaround for this limit by creating a Personal Points of Interest Category. In a category the number of POIs is unlimited. And it's possible to create 100 categories.

You can integrate your current favourites into a category, the function is provided in your device.
    ==> Tap the screen / Settings / Manage POIs / Add POI category
    Look here:
    http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/non-LIVE/html/en-gb/index.htm#CreatingPOIs-non-LIVE,noASR.htm

It's better to save your favorites and POIs on your PC in the event of a device failure.
    If possible do it before creating your 1st personal category and again after.
    You will find the procedure in this FAQ:
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15190/kw/favorites or pois" target="_self/related/1

I hope this will help you.

Regards.