Rider 550 not pairing to iPad — TomTom Community

Rider 550 not pairing to iPad

sbzsbz Posts: 15 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in RIDER
I have successfully paired my iPhone to my Rider 550 and the MyDrive app. This is working well to provide traffic, etc., but I find the iPhone SE small to do trip planning.

I had hoped to also pair my iPad (4th Gen, wifi+cell, Ver 10.3.3) to the Rider so that I could use the iPad for MyDrive route planning, etc., but I face two difficulties.

The first is that I can't pair them. I have tried several times and done all the usual stuff: I "forgot" the Rider from the iPad's bluetooth profile, restarted both the iPad and Rider many times, removed and re-installed the MyDrive app, and tried all the other things I would, or can think of.

Second, I don't know id it is possible to move routes or tracks from MyDrive on an iPad to the Rider, and since I can't pair the two, I can't test doing this.

Is it possible to pair both an iPhone and an iPad to the Rider 550, or is the Rider a one MyDrive accessory unit only system?

Is it possible to move routes from an iPad to the Rider 550?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Stephen

Comments

• Ste7iosSte7ios Posts: 753
    Superuser
    You don’t need to pair the iPad with the Rider. Just login with the same account. Your route/track will be synchronized through the Internet.
  • sbzsbz Posts: 15 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks, Ste7ios. And I guess there's no other reason to pair the iPad, if the iPhone is paired and handling the traffic, etc., so that problem is moot and I'll just abandon it.
  • Ste7iosSte7ios Posts: 753
    Superuser
    You need the pairing with a smartphone to have Internet access. Then you may use tethering or the MyDrive app that acts as a proxy between the Internet and some phone services which is the recommended way if you need messaging etc.