TomTom Pro 620 Truck can’t fix map errors and mobile data connection rubbish

2505dave
2505dave Registered Users Posts: 4
Neophyte Traveler
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
After upgrading from a Pro 5150 Truck Live I’ve found an error with a truck restriction that stops the Pro 620 touting me to somewhere basically a road that doesn’t even exist is in pink and come onto a slip road on my old 5150 you could fix this and remove the truck restriction I can’t find anyway of doing this now.

ive got the MyDrive app on my phone and paired everything but if I leave the truck and take my phone with me and the sat nav still on then traffic won’t connect anymore and I’ve tried repairing it only way it seems to ever work is to open MyDrive app on my phone :(

its also saying the lifetime subscriptions are for 5yrs.

so far I’m not impressed and am wishing I’d bought a model with a SIM card in it like my old one :(

Comments

• big
    big Posts: 1,712
    Superuser
    If you are home and your device is on WiFi then the traffic connection link to your phone will be broken because the satnav is getting its data via WiFi instead. It still works, but it is a bit confusing to see that!

Don't worry about the expiration dates. The lifetime subscriptions show up as 5 years but TomTom says they will be extended as needed.
  • 2505dave
    2505dave Registered Users Posts: 4
    Neophyte Traveler
    big wrote:
    If you are home and your device is on WiFi then the traffic connection link to your phone will be broken because the satnav is getting its data via WiFi instead. It still works, but it is a bit confusing to see that!

Don't worry about the expiration dates. The lifetime subscriptions show up as 5 years but TomTom says they will be extended as needed.
    Thanks for the reply I’m not at home when it happens it’s probably more the iPhone 6 than the TomTom it’s just so annoying that it doesn’t connect even though the Bluetooth on the phone says it is sometimes you open the MyDrive app and it starts to work and others the app says your TomTom is not in range ?
  • big
    big Posts: 1,712
    Superuser
    Oh, sorry, I misunderstood.

It doesn't work with everyone but the first thing to try is to "Forget this device" on your iPhone for the bluetooth connection to your satnav. Then do the same on the satnav. Restart both then re-establish the link. This fixes the problem for many people.

A more drastic move would be to reset the network settings on your iPhone (Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network connections). That's somewhat more likely to work but then you have to set up ALL your phone's bluetooth and wifi connections all over again.