Avoid toll roads, avoid motorways-MyDrive

pk.pk. Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 30 in MyDrive Connect
When these two features will com available to Mydrive Connect.
U refer to one of Tomtoms replay here on this forum.
quote starts:
  1. Daniel Fornies Soria
Hi Grahamac,

We are planning to release avoid options, which include avoiding toll roads, in an upcoming release. We are aiming to have it released somewhere in the next month.
Meanwhile, your alternatives are:
- dragging your route (directly from the route line) away from the motorway.
- adding a stop along the alternative road you want to take (you can also drag stops)

Hope this helps
quote ends.

Comments

• Daniel Fornies SoriaDaniel Fornies Soria Posts: 51 TomTom Employee
    pk. wrote:
    When these two features will com available to Mydrive Connect.
    U refer to one of Tomtoms replay here on this forum.
    quote starts:
    1. Daniel Fornies Soria
    Hi Grahamac,

We are planning to release avoid options, which include avoiding toll roads, in an upcoming release. We are aiming to have it released somewhere in the next month.
    Meanwhile, your alternatives are:
    - dragging your route (directly from the route line) away from the motorway.
    - adding a stop along the alternative road you want to take (you can also drag stops)

Hope this helps
    quote ends.
    Hi PK, to which 2 features are you referring exactly?
    Kind Regards,
    Daniel
  • pk.pk. Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    TomTom Discussions Team

You are asking which features I'referring to. I refer to DanielFornies Sorias promise to add "avoid options" in the next month, it was 6 months ago!! I'm interested in avoiding toll roads and motorways in My Drive Connect. Please, tell me when these features will be available as promised long long time ago?

Regards
    Pekka
  • Daniel Fornies SoriaDaniel Fornies Soria Posts: 51 TomTom Employee
    Dear Pk:
    You can already select avoid options in MyDrive Web. You have them available at the bottom of the route planner (second menu item from the top). You can choose to avoid ferries, toll roads, unpaved roads and carpool lanes. Avoiding motorways isn't supported yet though.

Best Regards,
    Daniel
  • eye4get1956eye4get1956 Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Please deliver the planned updates a soon as possible! Just rode to work yesterday and the route selected was terrible! The GPS keeps directing me to ride on the (prohibited) highway. When I deviate off the highway, the GPS directs me to small side streets and congested roads. Motorcycles are often prohibited on many roads; including highways and many fly-overs. Adding an "Avoid highways, like the app version to MyDrive is only logical.
  • Zbigniew RybakiewiczZbigniew Rybakiewicz Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    Is it already possible to "prefere unpaved roads"? I'm off road fun and would most willingly totally avoid asphalt roads! Do we have such an option in new version?