Courses/ watch not updating after reset — TomTom Community

Courses/ watch not updating after reset

KennywildeKennywilde Posts: 27 [Master Explorer]
edited January 2019 in Golfer & Golfer 2
HI

I factory reset my golfer 2 and trying to re install courses and updates etc but it wont do the courses and is trying to fix it but stil not working. i have tried loads, even reinstalling the app on windows. i have even set up another account but that didnt work either.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• KennywildeKennywilde Posts: 27 [Master Explorer]
    The screen is now locked on reset mode
  • Chi Thu LeChi Thu Le Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    I have the same problem. My golfer 2 is in recover mode and when connect to the PC (Windows 10) it started to do the factory reset and then register the device. After the device is registered, it continues to ask for update the golf courses. Then the update of course failed and the golfer 2 is in recover mode again.
    It seems the TomTom Sports Connect install the wrong firmware / product after factory reset.
    In the installing watchupdate there is a link call news. When click on that links, the following page is shown : https://se.support.tomtom.com/app/release_notes/type/watch2016

So it is not golfer 2 but watch2016
    Thanks for that. Do Tom Tom have to do something then ?
  • gregorheinrichgregorheinrich Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I had been using the Golfer 2 - and liking it a lot - for well over a year. In order to delete the rounds history, I tried a factory reset in combination with creating a new user account on My Sports Conntect (as otherwise the old history just gets uploaded again from the cloud), and that is when the trouble started:
    a reset is not possible as as soon as "update golf courses starts" - there is an error message, then the option "fix it" - and as that won't work either, the request comes up to do a "reset" - and that is the vicius circle out which there seems to be no escape.

In other messages, around Januar/February, some users stated that this was know issue and that a "fix" would be issued soon. But I have not seen any. Does anyone else have a solution to this problem?
    Tom Tom need to fix it there end. When that will be who knows?
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,840 Moderator
    Hi All,

This is a bug with the Golfer 2 watches and we've already reported it to the team. Unfortunately, there is no workaround for this and also, a replacement most likely is not a solution because the same thing will happen with the replacement watch.

We'll let you know once there's an update on this.

Regards, lampard
  • Hedinn ThorsteinssonHedinn Thorsteinsson Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi

I am facing the same issue with my Golfer2.

How is this issue prioritized within TomTom ? It seems that quite many people are facing this issue. I can not use my watch in golf due to this issue.

What is important to report to the team is that the golfer2 can not be used after it has been reset to factory settings.

How will you let us know when you have found the solution ? I am not patient when it comes bugs like this.

regards
    Hedinn
    Hi I don't think there's many staff working on the watches. I don't think there's many staff full stop
  • Hedinn ThorsteinssonHedinn Thorsteinsson Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I was hoping that the TomTom team would put real manpower to solving this issue since they have approved this issue as a bug on their side.

@lampard, could you inform us ?

regards
    Hedinn
  • PDenKPDenK Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    This is happening to me aswell. Joke of a product
  • vanbrookesvanbrookes Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I brought one today worked for all of 10 mins then had the reset symbol appear!!! Not Happy as this was £200!! Please if anyone has this sorted then let me know!! if not im getting my money back and going else where!!
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,585
    Community Manager
    I have now been able to fix this on two watches but it's quite a cumbersome fix. We're investigating what we can do best to fix this.
  • PDenKPDenK Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Can you post details on the "cumbersome" fix for now, in lieu of getting the cleaner version?
    Jurgen - is it not an issue with the app rather than individual watches?
  • freebonzofreebonzo Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Tomtom sound shockingly complacent and unmoved about their own negligent destruction of what must be many, many Golfer 2 watches.
    Yes - I have precisely the same symptoms as described throughout this thread - no doubt caused by their latest software update which have transformed a useful golf aid into an inoperative museum piece.
    Come on Tomtom get this sorted quickly. Or would you treat it more urgently if all buyers - who have had their £200 worth of technology melted down by you - were to reclaim the value you have destroyed so carelessly?
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,585
    Community Manager
    PDenK wrote:
    Can you post details on the "cumbersome" fix for now, in lieu of getting the cleaner version?
    I sent a PM.
  • ZcTZcT Posts: 13 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Same problem. Sent 4 help requests. Got NO response. I have a golfer 2 se... completely expect them to (maybe) fix the golfer 2 and forget about the se. How did they release an update that would brick all their products???
    anyone know how to get my 'log files' ? log.prev.txt and log.txt files?
    If you are talking about from the mysports app, then you get one opportunity... before registration. Which is right before it crashes from “updating” the courses. Which sort of makes it useless... unless you let it crash, restore it again and then send it before it crashes again... I don’t know if it contains the info they say they need.
    It’s in the options... right before you click to register.
    i clicked on send files but i dont know what its sending haha
  • Golf_1999Golf_1999 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Jürgen wrote:
    PDenK wrote:
    I sent a PM.
    Jurgen,

Please can you PM the cumbersome fix to me? I want to play a round of golf on Thursday, with my Golfer 2 on my wrist.
  • Crazywolf1Crazywolf1 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Jurgen,

Please can you PM the cumbersome fix to me as the watch is useless at the moment.

Thanks
    Why send the cumbersome fix with PM ? Please post it here.