Multisport wont reset — TomTom Community

Multisport wont reset

matt6754matt6754 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 12 in Runner & Multi-Sport
hi my tomtom multisport watch will no longer reset,, I have a picture of the computer screen connected to watch on screen of my watch. every time I try resetting it just says oops we have a problem try again, ive been trying for the past few days with the same result.any help appreciated..thanks

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,788 Superusers
    Start with a recovery reset and if that fails, call Support.

1. Place your watch in the dock before you connect the dock to the computer.
    2. On your watch, move DOWN but keep the button pressed.*
    3. Connect the dock to the computer. Keep pressing the button until your watch shows tomtom.com/reset.
    4. Release the button and wait for MySports Connect to show Update.
    5. Click Update in MySports Connect.
    * If the USB port on your computer is not easily accessible, connect the dock to the computer without the watch. Then move down from the clock screen while you slide the watch into the dock.

To get the number for Customer Support, choose Contact Us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.

(You also do not need to post multiple posts with the same question, it just clutters up the forums).
  • matt6754matt6754 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    tried to no avail...have ordered another watch...and didn't clutter up forum deliberately,,
    cheers anyway
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,788 Superusers
    matt6754 wrote:
    tried to no avail...have ordered another watch...and didn't clutter up forum deliberately,,
    cheers anyway
    Hopefully it was not another TomTom. I would take care with your buying decision considering TT has left the wearables market and is not producing any new devices (and never even released the Adventurer in the US), I would assume at this point any updates will be limited to bug fixes. I would not expect much more development so what you get in the box will likely be all there is. There are also major connectivity and battery drain issues that have not been resolved in over nine months. If you are able, you may want to consider returning the device and going with another brand from a company that is actively in the sports watch market and intends to continue producing and supporting devices.