Changing starting point of predefined route-Rider 550 — TomTom Community

Changing starting point of predefined route-Rider 550

TribunusTribunus Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
edited January 2019 in RIDER
Hi All,

I am looking for a way to change the start point of the route which i imported. I know i can edit the route in MyDrive but i seem to miss the option to start the route on another spot.

I am asking this because there is a nice route i would like to ride but it passes the town where i live. To start however i need to drive 50km's and then pass the town on the route seems a bit pointless.

Anyone here who can tell me where to find this option or anyone able to tell me the best way to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• TribunusTribunus Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hi Ste7ios,

Thanks for the reply. So i went to the route again and added a flag to the spot closest to home. After which i loaded the route again. I can however not click on this flag and get those options the manual tells me to see. I can however tell the Rider to add this as the starting point but it begins to create a new route instead of starting the loaded route from there.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,419
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Tribunus

Try...
    (1).... Using the North Overview Map, zoom into the Route/Track
    (2)... On the planned route somewhere adjacent to where you live Long Tap' (Tap and hold for +1 second) --> A quick menu opens --> Tap the 3Dot icon --> Choose 'Use as a Starting Point'
    (3)...The device calculates the the route from the new Start point
    (4)... From the Main screen... Tap the (....) Icon --> Current route --> Drive to Route

Important... Check the remaining route is unchanged ???, as a Track gets converted to a Route (Mmmm could be useful)

Note... A 'Quick Tap' and 'Long Tap' of the screen gives different menu options
    Note... When you Zoom in to set the New Start point if you choose a Dual Carriageway make sure you are on the correct side of the Carriageway

ATB YFM
  • ChrisHallChrisHall Posts: 256 [Exalted Navigator]
    @Tribunus
    I'm guessing you want to start a route part way through, where it passes near your house.

See my earlier post: https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/rider-51/partial-solution-to-starting-a-tomtom-itn-route-partway-through-1026748

This assumes that the route has waypoints in it and you can get to a point on the route where you can stop and select the next waypoint on the screen and use the "Start route from here" option on the pop-up menu.

I'm told you can start a track part way through, although I've not tried it myself.

If any one from TomTom support reads this, I'll tell you again - on my Garmin Zumo it starts a route partway through automatically when you reach anywhere on the route. And it isn't a fundamental property of the Universe that you can't start an itn route part way through. You need put developers on to it, instead of them wasting time incorporating SMS messaging into it!!!
    YamFazMan wrote:
    Hi
    @Tribunus

Try...(1).... Using the North Overview Map, zoom into the Route/Track(2)... On the planned route somewhere adjacent to where you live Long Tap' (Tap and hold for +1 second) --> A quick menu opens --> Tap the 3Dot icon --> Choose 'Use as a Starting Point'(3)...The device calculates the the route from the new Start point(4)... From the Main screen... Tap the (....) Icon --> Current route --> Drive to Route

Important... Check the remaining route is unchanged ???, as a Track gets converted to a Route (Mmmm could be useful)

Note... A 'Quick Tap' and 'Long Tap' of the screen gives different menu optionsNote... When you Zoom in to set the New Start point if you choose a Dual Carriageway make sure you are on the correct side of the Carriageway

ATB YFM
    Hi YFM,

if i do this the route just simply changes to a route to the predefined starting point. The track just dissapears. I am getting worried that this product is not i thought it would be. How hard can it be to change the starting point of a track... i can ofcourse created a new track with my drive but what is the point if i have a nice track already.. i wouldnt say Garmin was a lot better but this part is..

thanks for trying to help me! Much appreciated.
    ChrisHall wrote:
    @Tribunus
    I'm guessing you want to start a route part way through, where it passes near your house.

See my earlier post: https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/rider-51/partial-solution-to-starting-a-tomtom-itn-route-partway-through-1026748

This assumes that the route has waypoints in it and you can get to a point on the route where you can stop and select the next waypoint on the screen and use the "Start route from here" option on the pop-up menu.

I'm told you can start a track part way through, although I've not tried it myself.

If any one from TomTom support reads this, I'll tell you again - on my Garmin Zumo it starts a route partway through automatically when you reach anywhere on the route. And it isn't a fundamental property of the Universe that you can't start an itn route part way through. You need put developers on to it, instead of them wasting time incorporating SMS messaging into it!!!
    Hi Chris,

thanks for your insight. The problem is that this specific route has no waypoints other then start and end. There is no way to add these waypoints without changing the route entirely. Just as you said, it would be awesome if the TT would simply pickup the route once you start riding it at any point and then leads you all the way back. Garmin doee this pretty straightforward.

thanks for your help!
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,419
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Tribunus

Are we over thinking this...
    I planned a Track Lands end to Liverpool
    I live in Worcestershire
    Transferred the Track to MyRoutes
    Track is Opened on the device
    Main (....) --> Current Track --> Drive to Track
    The journey remains a Track the device plans the best point from your present location (Home) to join the Track and deletes the Lands end to Worcestershire (Home) section from the track

ATB YFM