my Tom Tom 4EN52 Z1230 stopped working, I can't get it to turn on or anything — TomTom Community

my Tom Tom 4EN52 Z1230 stopped working, I can't get it to turn on or anything

my Tom Tom 4EN52 Z1230 stopped working, I can't get it to turn on or anything, can anyone help me?

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,769
    Superuser
    @GlennaT

Try to do a soft reset, you will loose nothing, it is like rebooting your computer and reloads all the new files from an update.

A soft reset :- with your device charged for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply; press and hold your on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound (or the TomTom hands symbol appears) then release the on/off button. Make sure you are outside and have a clear view of the sky (satellites)

Also are you using a USB port in your vehicle?
    As the USB ports in your vehicle provides only 0.5Amps whereas your device should have 1.2Amps to run AND charge the battery. With a vehicle USB port the reduced power means that the device tries to save it's power requirements by dimming the screen, it then powers off rather than going to sleep.
    A house charger must be rated at 5V 2amps [or use a PC USB port (not a laptop)] as the device draws 1.2amps