Big update Rider 550 coming ?? — TomTom Community

Big update Rider 550 coming ??

HarmvanveghelHarmvanveghel Posts: 17 [Master Explorer]
edited January 2019 in RIDER
I heard there was a big software update coming end may for the rider 550, when can we expect that ?

Comments

• Ste7iosSte7ios Posts: 752
    Superuser
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,472
    Superusers
    Hi
    At Ste7ios
    e87bbe24-7b28-4f58-b4fe-0666b7bcb0c6.jpg
    ATB YFM
  • miketorcymiketorcy Posts: 3,427
    Superusers
    All Nav4 owners wait for a long long time for update,, not only rider 550 owner!
  • MuscadelMuscadel Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Ive had my 550 for a while now. Changed from the Garmin 595Lm to the 550 mainly because of the almost unreadably dim, fuzzy display on the new Zumo
    so far the TomTom Rider 550 has given some real headaches...
    1. Lean into a corner, and the orientation flips to portrait, so lock it in landscape mode unless you want to be seriously annoyed
    2. traffic wont work, known issue, no answers or updates, safety cameras also not working...
    3. no music control... urgh
    4. Phone function paired with an iPhone 8 plus starts music playing on the phone..wtf
    5. no elevation data
    6. no real data page... come on TomTom
    7. no “Cockpit” page...
    actually, the only nice thing about it right now is the clarity of the screen
    its off my bike untill a serious update is released
    sooooo much can be fixed with a firmare update and some software coding. In a waning market one would think they will try harder...
  • Just_Me_Just_Me_ Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Muscadel wrote:
    Ive had my 550 for a while now. Changed from the Garmin 595Lm to the 550 mainly because of the almost unreadably dim, fuzzy display on the new Zumo
    so far the TomTom Rider 550 has given some real headaches...
    1. Lean into a corner, and the orientation flips to portrait, so lock it in landscape mode unless you want to be seriously annoyed
    2. traffic wont work, known issue, no answers or updates, safety cameras also not working...
    3. no music control... urgh
    4. Phone function paired with an iPhone 8 plus starts music playing on the phone..wtf
    5. no elevation data
    6. no real data page... come on TomTom
    7. no “Cockpit” page...
    actually, the only nice thing about it right now is the clarity of the screen
    its off my bike untill a serious update is released
    sooooo much can be fixed with a firmare update and some software coding. In a waning market one would think they will try harder...

Changed as well and so far the Rider550 is one big disappointment... if it were one the listed problems... however the list is much longer then these 7 points
  • MuscadelMuscadel Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Too True, Just_Me

Mine is on the kitchen counter, useless on the bike
    now its bombing into bright white screens or EGA Leasure Suit Larry graphics...
    needs a complete restart, wifi keeps dropping, updates and maps a nightmare.
    why, oh why is there not just ONE decent unit on the market????
    i may try the Nuviz next