Runner 2 runs out of battery — TomTom Community

Runner 2 runs out of battery

EduardloubserEduardloubser Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
Hi. My tomtom runner 2 randomly runs out of battery and then it just shows the battery sign on the watch. I have to the plug it in again and then it is fully charged immediately. Has anyone experienced this and what can i do?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,169 Superusers
    Start with a factory reset and see if that fixes it. Otherwise you may need to roll back to an earlier firmware version before the battery problems were introduced. To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the device to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided and when prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.

Request a roll back on this thread:

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-and-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/unable-to-pair-sync-after-update-to-firmware-v1-7-53-runner-and-spark-watch-series-1030088

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • EduardloubserEduardloubser Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Ok thank you. With the factory reset, will i lose all of my data that i have built up through the years on my app?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,169 Superusers
    A factory reset will not cause you to lose any data, the watch syncs when you first plug it in so everything is saved on MySports and your settings are reset afterwards. All you lose is the wheel size in cycling and turning splits on & off in running, as these are watch settings, not user settings. The history is erased from the watch but this clears itself every 10 activities anyway. The music is on a different drive that is untouched during a reset and MySports is not affected.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
    Thank you very much. Will do so if it works.
    Looks like the factory reset worked. Thanks you.