Slow Tom Tom GO 6250 WiFi — TomTom Community

Slow Tom Tom GO 6250 WiFi

RadosnyRadosny Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi,
I am using tomtom 6250 for one yera.

it is quite good navigation but with one exept for me.

maybe someone knows how to help me.

when i chooes a long destination abow 800 km or longer, tom tom is very slow.
I mean, when i am trying zoom in the map to see my road, screen is very slow , slow, and slow....point of DKV, names of cities and number of road - cant wainting so long ! when i have to take some decision of destination.

I think that navi for 400Eur should be more faster, especially when this is for truck drivers for a long destination

But mayby someone knows how to make tomtom 6250 faster.

regards
Radek

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,215
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Radosny

Have you tried a Drum roll restart on the device ????

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6965//session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDI2NjM0NDUyL3NpZC9EQTdTVHpobQ

Charge the device for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles......

If possible, for the for the first Satellite fix, go outside with a clear view of the Sky

ATB YFM
  • petivelpetivel Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    how to move truck map to sd?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,702
    Superuser
    Hi @petivel

Why do you want to move the map to the SD card. If you have an update and it is too big for the internal memory then if you have got an SD card installed and formatted for maps the device should automatically install the map there.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,215
    Superusers
    edited June 2020
    Hi
    @petivel
    Welcome to the site....
    Check the free memory space on the device....
    400 MB is considered the bare minimum Free Space the more Free Space the faster the device will operate....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> About... Scroll down Free Space...

The GO 6250 Devices have 16GB on-board memory so they should be OK, unless of course the device is stuffed full of Maps....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM