WATCH STRAP BROKEN — TomTom Community

WATCH STRAP BROKEN

joke8erbergjoke8erberg Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
WITHIN TWO YEARS MY WATCH STRAP HAS BEEN BROKEN AT THE SAME PLACE AS THE FIRST TIME. WHY DOES TOMTOM DOES NOT CHANGES TO OTHER MATERIALS??? A SHAME FOR AN EXPENSIVE PRODUCT AS TOMTOM MYSPORTS. IF TOMTOM DOES NOT DO ANYTHING TO REPLACE IT I LL NEVER BUY TOMTOM AGAIN.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,169
    Superusers
    They actually have changed the design several times. I am not sure what you are doing with it as I have had my watch for several years with no issues. Are you taking the watch out of the strap every time you sync and charge it? It is not necessary as it is designed to slip into the dock with the strap on. Removing it adds a lot of stress to the strap as you are twisting it quite a bit to remove and reinsert the watch.

The strap is covered under warranty. Either use the self-service site in the link below or call Customer support and they will take care of it, they are very good about replacing them. To get the number for Customer Support, choose Contact at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/strap_repair

As to not buying another TT product, since they are out of the watch business and no longer producing new devices, that is a moot point.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.